VANCOUVER MX-3'ers

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
ooELMOoo

VANCOUVER MX-3'ers

Post by ooELMOoo »

I think that the mx'ers in vancouver need to meet up more often maybe like once or twice a month just for a cruise or haveing a work on ur car day where we can all meet up with projects we have and work on them............................We have meets but in like kelowna and victora and stuff but is anyone interested in haveing something like this regularly in van???
----------------
| CUSTOM X3|
----------------
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

its been tried, but no one ever shows up. if your intrested, throw some ideas out and we can see about setting a date.
ooELMOoo

Post by ooELMOoo »

Honestly im just tired of always seeing all the civis being driven around together everyday...i wouldnt mind like once a month in vancouver(bc,canada)we all meet up for a good cruise and then maybe go out for a couple beers after. And i know alot of people have projects they want to do on there cars...We could have like once a month or once every 2 months we can all meet up with all the things we need to do our projects and do them....Everyone knows something different about there cars and how to do it...why do we need to take our cars to a shop....we have all worked with the mx-3 and im sure with a team we could proberly rebuild one......Haveing a regualr meet would jsut be for fun but we would learni something and save money at the same time///.I wish i was closer to babyblues mx-3 i would be over his house everyday druewling.......i want to take a trip in the summer jsut to go and see it......
----------------
| CUSTOM X3|
----------------
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Hey I like that idea.. everyone wanna come to my place in august for a BBQ and a ATX to MTX swap project on my car? LOL Heck I would even buy the babyback ribs and beer (someone else gets the potato salad though ;) )Though I might need to pay Kevin some dues to join up eventually I suppose in order to make it a official event LOL ;) Cheers guys :)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

Hey, e-mail kevin@mx-west.com and tell him you will organise events, then organise a couple and post it up here/have him do a mailout.

We tried to arrange an event for every month of the year, however a lot of people either a) can't make it due to work, etc, b) a lot of people just don't turn up.

Just DO NOT ask Kevin to organise these things, he has been doing it for years and needs a break from the crap that goes along with organising thise stuff sometimes.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Heh.. that was just a joke guys :) I dont expect anyone to make a trip of that distance to help swap out my trans for me LOL But a BBQ later on this summer would be a cool idea I think :D

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

i would like to make it to more meets but a 7-8 hour drive is too expensive as well as trying to get a weekend off for any meet is near impossible. the meet this weekend is a go but it looks like a poor turn out, still will be fun. more people making 6 hour trips or more are showing up than the locals by the looks of it.
Invisible

Post by Invisible »

Sounds like a good idea to me. I haven't attended any meets yet, kind of embarassing bringing your car stock isnt it? Anyways the car is coming along nicely and I don't mind taking her out once in a while to meet up and have dinner and what not. Also the meeting of the brains is a good idea aswell, always looking for input and such. So make this happen, ill be there with bells on :roll:
Invisible
93 GS Tropical Emerald Metallic MTX 1.8L
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

Bring it stock. Mine was stock when I first started coming out.

It was over 6 months before I did anything. We always want to see more people out at the meets. come and see what you can do, find out how, just hang out.
Taras

Post by Taras »

Invisible wrote: I haven't attended any meets yet, kind of embarassing bringing your car stock isnt it?
How else are yo gonna get ideas if not by checking other people's rides? Bring it and come yourself.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
mr_icez

Post by mr_icez »

there should be a mx-3ers meet at wings in surrey some other time then sundays, because sundays is when civics meets. Someone should just say a day and every one meet.
ooELMOoo

Post by ooELMOoo »

what is this meeting of mx-3s in surrey i dont know aoubt :shock: tell me everything :twisted:
----------------
| CUSTOM X3|
----------------
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

looks like we have a meet comming up on SAT. the 24th, no details posted yet but im up for it.
mr_icez

Post by mr_icez »

there should be a meet at wings on a wed. because wings are 39 cents on wed and sunday. there should be a meet every last wed of the month at wings in surrey.
MX-West Car Club

Post by MX-West Car Club »

OK, you guys asked and here it is. Mini-Meet this saturday @ Wings Tap & Grill in Surrey at 6 pm. Here's the link for more info http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... 136#303136.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”