probably a dumb question but oh wellll!!!!!!!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
fastguy18

probably a dumb question but oh wellll!!!!!!!!!

Post by fastguy18 »

I was just wondering if anybody knows if you are able to do a b-series honda motor swap of course with the honda tranny and everything?
Just out of curiosity
Absath

Post by Absath »

With enough money you could do just about anything...

But... why put a Honda heart into a beautiful Mazda? Yuck.
Don't park drunk, accidents cause people.

92 Blaze Red MX-3 GS, KL-ZE, ACT Clutch, KL 36 ECU, SS Clutch Line
fastguy18

Post by fastguy18 »

i was just wondering if it could be done, i mean personally i don't have anything against honda's oh wait yeah i do they SUCK plus whatever honda people can do to their motor's we can do better and make them faster! :D :D :) 8)
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

If you want a Honda, buy a Honda. No way you can swap a B series into a Mazda without huge difficulty. Have you ever looked at the difference between a Mazda V-6 or 4 cyl and a Honda B series? Don't be stupid and don't ask stupid questions... :roll:
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

thats a little harsh.

No question is a stupid question. But I have to admit this was an odd one. I dont see why you'd wanna swap a B series into an MX3 because there is no real gain. Even an H22A can be matched powerwise by a KLZE for a fraction of the cost.

If you were to start asking about swapping a 2JZ-GTE into an MX3 now that would be interesting. But more than likely impossible (without dumping a retarded amount of money on the swap).
bigtime

Post by bigtime »

:roll:
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

What the hell would be the advantages to having a honda engine in an mx-3? Us mazda guys would hate you for obvious reasons and the honda guys wouldn't know what the hell an mx-3 was so they wouldn't care. If you wanna use a honda engine, go buy a honda car.
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

As you can tell most people on this board do not exactly like hondas
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

I'd rather see someone shoehorn a chevy small block into an MX-3. impossible, but fun.
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

RoundTop wrote:I'd rather see someone shoehorn a chevy small block into an MX-3. impossible, but fun.
Me and a friend once swapped a Chevy V8 327 cubic inch (5.4 L) 4bbl carb motor into a Chevy Vega (little rwd econobox Chevy from the 70's). Damn thing produced so much torque we literally twisted the Vega frame enough that couldn't properly close the doors or windows after that cuz nothin lined up right anymore.
Image -Jim
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Ya, if your gonna swap custom, might as well go something worthwhile, performance wise, there's almost nothing Mazda that can be swapped into an Mx-3 that has similar performance to a Honda.

You could prolly swap in a BP, get better internals, boost the hell outta her and get massibe HP for the same price as what it would take to custom mount and wire up a Honda engine
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

plus look at the cost of their swaps... its sick! Like 5000$ just for an H22A... not installed :?
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

I would rather see a rotary engine in the MX3
Infact, I would like to see a Mx3 with a engine in the back
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Chino921

Post by Chino921 »

I know I am going to catch a lot of sh!t for this, but I've thought about swapping in a honda (calm down it's never going to happen although I know I COULD do it, I wont). They do make the best motors in the world. If any one with any honda knowledge wants to argue please do. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my mx and all the other mazdas I've owned (Mazdas are all I've owned), but honda sets the standard by which all others are judged.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Chino921 wrote: honda sets the standard by which all others are judged.
LOL... thats funny.

:shock:
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”