axle help asap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
93-Spec-Edn

axle help asap

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

Hi

I have removed the axle from the hub but i dont know how to remove it from the mtx tranny. any ideas?

thanks
92 mx-3 RS RIP | 95 mx-3 GS sold | 93 mx-3 GS SE sold | 95 mx-3 GS present
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

pull real hard or pry it off with a crowbar or use a pickle for and an air compressor
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

use a crowbar, that's what I do everytime and it works fine. just don't pull on the boot
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
93-Spec-Edn

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

wil the tranny leak much oil? Will it leak after the new axle is in? Do i need to rmove any bolts? IS it easy to remove the axle from the tranny?

Thanks.
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

93-Spec-Edn wrote:wil the tranny leak much oil? Will it leak after the new axle is in? Do i need to rmove any bolts? IS it easy to remove the axle from the tranny?

Thanks.
maybe it will leak a little but not much, no bolts to remove, if it's easy? well it depends sometime it will just pop up and other times it's a b!tch
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

to prevent leaks after you replace them buy new axle/differential seals and replace them while the axles are out. As for pulling them, it will leak a good bit out the axle hole and don't forget to refill the tranny fluid. Use a crow bar to remove them. You can pry against the axle and the differential.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

The passenger side axel is easy to remove, however for the driver side one I always remove the battery and battery tray and use a huge crowbar to pry it out (because of the C clip that holds the driver side axel in). Works well with the bar.
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

wow i never tried getting at the axles from above. i always went from the bottom. let me say it isn't easy that way.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

93-Spec-Edn

Post by 93-Spec-Edn »

bmwm3guy wrote:The passenger side axel is easy to remove, however for the driver side one I always remove the battery and battery tray and use a huge crowbar to pry it out (because of the C clip that holds the driver side axel in). Works well with the bar.
does the pass side one have a c clip? That c clip for the cv joint fucked me up good thats why i need an axle.
93mx3v6

Post by 93mx3v6 »

i dont believe it does, the pass one is a little easier to do. they way i did it was remove the wheel, breaks, hub, rotors all that stuff, then disc it fromt he hub and give er a good pull. i diddnt have to pry it out, i just put my feet in the wheel well, sat on the floor and pulled hard. make sure when your installing the new one you dont "force" it in. you do have to push hard to get it in, but make sure you have the splines matching, so you dont just keep pushing and ruin them. if you do. either new axle or tranny work... so be careful.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”