Tour de Whistler 6 - October 22, 2005

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
MX-West Car Club

Tour de Whistler 6 - October 22, 2005

Post by MX-West Car Club »

Saturday October 22, 2005 - Tour de Whistler 6 is back replacing the cancelled Oktoberfest event. Once again we will be heading up to Whislter, BC for our annual event. Everyone is welcome to come along with us for a day trip or overnighter. We will be staying overnight at Chalet Alta Vista again. If you are interested in staying overnight with us, please RSVP us at admin@mx-west.com ASAP as rooms for this event go fast. RSVP deadline is Sept. 17th, 2005. Cost will be the same as usual $60 per person. Please let us know how many guest you will be bring along for the overnight stay.

We will be meeting at McDonalds on 4410 Still Creek Avenue & Willingdon Avenue at 8:30 am and leaving for Whistler at 9:30 am. This give you plenty of time to grab something to eat and drink. Bring an FRS Radio (preferably one that has 14 Channels & 38 Sub-channels) and set it on Channel 10 Sub-channel 22. Please be on time as we will not be waiting for any stragglers. If we are not at McDonalds, goto Hwy 1 and try to catch up to us or we will meet up with you in Whistler Village. Please follow the posted speed limits, this is not a race. We will be making a pit stop at the IGA Marketplace shopping complex on the corner of Cleveland Avenue & Hwy 99 North in Squamish, BC. Drive safely and have fun.

For more info or inquires of this event, contact us at admin@mx-west.com.
Last edited by MX-West Car Club on October 25th, 2005, 1:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Now is that per room or person? No more sharing a room with Dan :).

Only prob is my 18th B-Day is the 21st so Chances of me going are slim :(
MX-West Car Club

Sorry, the cost is based on per person. Each year we rent the whole chalet out for ourselves, so no strangers to bother us. So we take the total cost of the chalet and divide it evenly between how many people are staying over night. The more people we can get to stay overnight, the lower the cost for everyone. It has been averaging about $60 per person the last few years. There are 11 rooms in the chalet and each room will either have a queen bed or king for couples and then there are 1 or 2 rooms for singles to share. The single rooms will either have 2 or 3 twin beds in them. So you wouldn't have to share a bed with Dan but will have share the room. :P
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

BuGS wrote:Now is that per room or person? No more sharing a room with Dan :).

Only prob is my 18th B-Day is the 21st so Chances of me going are slim :(
now Bugs you do realize that this is in CAN$. and is for two nights. right?
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

this sux i was so down to go to levenworth. i cant get into canada with my criminal record :?
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold
2 pgt primered 5 spd KL SOLD
sharpcadd

Post by sharpcadd »

Hey! What's wrong w/ sharing a bed w/ me. I was the one to bring the condoms. ha! Either way, I plan on passing out drunk in the hot tub. No need to worry about spooning w/ me again.
Dan Sharpe
'92 owner
mx-west member
Corso

Post by Corso »

it sounds great but im still to embarassed or shamed to bring my car to any meets with you guys lol.
MX-West Car Club

Last call for anyone still interested in staying overnight with us at the chalet in Whistler.
Kevin Gee - President
MX-West Car Club
93 White MX-3 1.6RS
www.mx-west.com
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

yeah! Me and my wife.

James & Melissa Magnan.

sorry for the lateness..been VERY busy.
Jack_Frost

Post by Jack_Frost »

If I get my car fixed up i'll join in the ride and stay for some of the party.

ripped my cv joint on the short axle recently...the tread in the arm was totally torqued, haha. guess the lordco rebuilds suck for the ze.

getting control arm bushings from CS, getting my other axle replaced and getting another align done...it's so off!

Hope to see you guys there!

J
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

I'm getting my tired replaced before I make this trip.

One day in decent amounts of rain reminded me why I vehemently hate my dunlop D65 tires in anything but bone dry.

Anyways, I'm gonna put on some Toyo Proxes 4 tires. Les Schwab in WA has them for $90/tire +$10 mounting/balancing. Much better than here at $140-150/tire +$50-75 mounting and balancing. Especially with the exchange rate.

So I'll get that done the week before the trip. Have some nice tires which give me grip.

Oh yeah, I finally took off the freaking resonator on my intake... replacing it with the top of a spray can...that I brought back with me from japan. Almost perfect fit and has a good seal. So I took off a japanese part and put one back on XD.

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”