How do you remove the seats from a 93 GS?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Juans_93_MX3

How do you remove the seats from a 93 GS?

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Sorry for asking such a dumb question but I am finally getting the ATX rebuilt. I didnt want to buy a used MTX because I would just be taking a chance of the tranny acting up. Plus, paying for labor is going to set me back even more. The rebuild is cheaper as well. Also, my MX3 hasnt been reliable in the past and adding MTX to it dosent seem right to me

I dont plan on modding the MX3, as a matter of fact, I might just hand it over to my dad because he seems to like the car. Plus, he drives a old 88 Toyota Van

Anyway, I need to clean out the interior to make sure there arent any spiders or anything living in there. I'm just wondering how do I remove all the seats from my interior?

It was great posting in this forum and getting some knowledge for this car. This dosent mean I am not going to buy another MX3 though. Most likely a 4cyl with a MTX because I like the potential of the BPT.
Infact, right now I am seeing wether or not I should go for a Honda CRX or a MX3.
Parents say they might buy a new Taheo SUV or something next year, so I might be able to get my MX3 and trade it in for another.
But, its still a 50/50 chance. I love the looks of the MX3 but the CRX is just quicker, lighter, better gas mileage and alot more reliable. They look good (with rims and bodykit) but not as good as the MX3.
Its going to be a tough choice
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

crx is pos man, quicker? last time I raced one it was left in dust. I say go for mx3, anyways removing the seats:
rear ones are the easiest, bottom part has two levels under it that you push to side and pull seat up and it comes off, upper part is bolted I believe. Front seats are bolted, just look at seat tracks and youll see bolts undo them and out they come. Might be hard so use some WD40
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

mitmaks wrote:crx is pos man, quicker? last time I raced one it was left in dust. I say go for mx3, anyways removing the seats:
rear ones are the easiest, bottom part has two levels under it that you push to side and pull seat up and it comes off, upper part is bolted I believe. Front seats are bolted, just look at seat tracks and youll see bolts undo them and out they come. Might be hard so use some WD40
Thanks

They are lighter cars (by about 400lbs) and with a B18C5 they can go pretty quick
Still doing research on them though

EDIT: I like there potential aswell with all the aftermarket support they got

EDIT2: I got a question, why go for the MX3 instead of going with a CRX?
just curious
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

look at crx, I think they look too boxy, mx3 has better curves, with ze and some other bolt ons it can be much faster. everyone's got honda and their dog too
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

You do got point, they do look boxy
Last edited by Juans_93_MX3 on June 17th, 2005, 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

mitmaks wrote:look at crx, I think they look too boxy, mx3 has better curves, with ze and some other bolt ons it can be much faster. everyone's got honda and their dog too
\
Why call them dog just because they own a Honda? Not many people own CRXs now-a-days and with the B18C5 engine they can run high 13s.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

He is not calling them a dog so to speak.. he means that everyone has one.. kinda like the saying that everyone has an opinion ;)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
esmacmil

Post by esmacmil »

just unbolt them
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

well definately he has his reasons
cheaply mass produced aftermarket crx's do have its bonuses
cheap, mass produced(easy parts/cheaper), aftermarket parts a plenty.
downside to that its a box

u cant really compare reliability, all depends on the driver. no recalls on an mx-3 for the engine, other then the lifter tick which is debatable haha
mx-3 is gonna be pricier because its the sexiest thing on the face of the planet, parts expensive, aftermarket well nothing is gonna be close to aftermarket with a honda

just my 2 cents :)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Man, with the money U spend on a b18c5 you could have a beefed up KLZE man..
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

if i could find a crx in good shape i'd pick it over a mx3 any day

but they are impossible to find without needing a shitload of body work and / or mechanical work. all crx's out there have 150+k miles
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Mazderati

Post by Mazderati »

I have had the pleasure of having owned both cars. From 1991 to 1996 I owned an '89 CRX SI. Then, I traded her in on my present '96 GS MX3. I can tell you having driven both for several years that each has its pros and cons. In my opinion, the MX3's curves make her a sexier looking car. Few can argue that the MX3 has some of the nicest curves and lines on the road. The back end not ending so abruptly as it does on the CRX. Certainly the CRX is fairly boxy. The MX3 has a more solid "feel" at higher speeds, better high end power which is a big plus when you live in the mountains. The MX3 has more room (back seat) and more stereo options due to this room. Although if lowering is your style I found that the CRX could be lowered closer to the ground and gave the impression of being lower even if it wasn't. The CRX seats were far better, and the clutch was not as soft as the MX3's. I enjoyed the smaller wheelbase for turning her around and the steering overall was a bit more solid without the slight "power steering wander" on the highway that my MX3 has.

One big thing for the MX3 here in Canada, the added weight and longer/wider wheelbase on the MX3 does give me a bit more confidence on the icy winter roads of the "Great White North". I spun my CRX out on snowy roads several times, while my MX3 has only pulled a 360 at 110km/hr once......thank God, I thought I was a deadman!

Both are great cars...

my 2 cents....

[img]
8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: [/img]
96 GS, 17" Niche's, Falken 40's. Eibach springs, Tokico S/R struts, Ractive front & rear strutbars. Supertrapp exhaust, K & N intake. Soundstream Reference, JL & Eclipse audio.

Green means "Go", Yellow means, "Go Faster"!!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”