Nissan NX-100 vs Mazda MX-3 - Comparisons?

A place for the MX-3 Community in Europe to gather.
Thunderstorm

Nissan NX-100 vs Mazda MX-3 - Comparisons?

Post by Thunderstorm »

I have bumped into (not literally of course) a few Nissan NX-100's usually at night.

These things look like ripoffs of our beautiful MX-3's.
Was Nissan copying us? They're ugly. Jeez!
What exactly is the dealio on these NX-100's?
Are they rebodied Sunny's?
Or are they natural predators of MX-3's?
Personally wouldn't be seen dead in one.

Does anybody know what they really are like?
Can anyone give us any performance / figures comparison details?
Oh, and one more thing, anybody seen the new hardtop MGF concept car slated for production?

The front is a blatant ripoff of the Mazda MX-3 too.

Nice to know the MX-3 is soooo beautiful, it still gets copied, one way or another!
1998 MX-3 RS 1.6i DOHC "Blackbird". Totally Stock.

The 21st Century is a con; where is my Hovercar?!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058708
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

AKA the 100SX i believe?!

yeah, not that keen on them! looked at them briefly before getting the MX-3, carsurvey.org's reviews of them put me off.
1997, Silver, V6
Chadley

Post by Chadley »

too
Last edited by Chadley on March 30th, 2005, 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

ahh T-bar will leak tho, I like the MX-3's sunroof..... carpeted / made of metal on the outside.. no light gets through, then open it up.. and it slides up and out, wahey.....theres the sky! :D
1997, Silver, V6
Chadley

Post by Chadley »

many
Last edited by Chadley on March 30th, 2005, 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

Chadley wrote:Yeah the sunroof on mx3's are very nice, when it slides back it looks like a roof spoiler :D
yeah, they're great aint they 8) I love driving around with the sunroof open, wooo yes... I'm in a beautiful looking coupe and enjoying the sky :D

Chadley wrote: Would rather have a t-bar roof in the summer tho!!
MX-5 for the summer, MX-3 for the winter? :lol:
1997, Silver, V6
Chadley

Post by Chadley »

better
Last edited by Chadley on March 30th, 2005, 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

i reckon the sun roof would be better if it slid back into the roof if ya get me. So from the outside u cant see it.

I was lookin at a 100sx. Was just put off by the head lights though.

Every1 thinks my car is a del sol when they see it, dunno y, but in my eyes, the del sol is a much smarted car. Especially the models with that f--- off cool roof!!!!!
Just too common in the moddin world, hence the reason i got the 3.

Love the mazda too bit though!!!
Thunderstorm

Post by Thunderstorm »

Sorry!! It was indeed the Nissan 100 NX / SX series. Not NX-100 as I said above. Apologies. A printers "Gremlin" was responsible for that. :(

Did some research on the 100 NXs, they are indeed rebodied Sunny / Sentra vehicles with 1.6 engines. :shock:

Only thing going for them seems to be the Targa tops.
Though they are good at leaking.
Otherwise I think they look like really terribly bad parodies of the MX-3.

Looks as if someone was trying to snatch the market off the MX-3 back in the 90's. I think they failed though. The very design looks like an afterthought.
Thank goodness for the MX-3.
Pure poetry in motion!

It would be nice to have a comparison chart of the MX-3 RS vs 100NX and see who wins.
1998 MX-3 RS 1.6i DOHC "Blackbird". Totally Stock.

The 21st Century is a con; where is my Hovercar?!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058708
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

Chadley wrote:Hehe i wish!

Talking bout cars that look like MX3's i think that from the front both the Hyundai Accent and the Honda CRX look quite similar!! :lol:
I had a Hyundai Accent for my 1st car. '96 P reg, the "Coupe SI" version :lol: whatever that meant... :roll: :roll: but it had a mean 1.3, SOHC 12v! :lol: :roll: weird thing it was, quite an experience to drive.. very unrefined and raw, really enjoyed it :lol: and the interior controls were exactly the same as the MX-3! indicators, lights.. etc all the stalks, remote boot release and fuel etc.. all identical :D so getting used to my MX-3... well, I just felt at home really, except the MX-3 has much better seats ;)
1997, Silver, V6
.:]{UBIS:.

100nx

Post by .:]{UBIS:. »

Hi,I alredy had a nissan 100NX befor buying mazda MX-3.So maybe you can ask me about things you want..

My nissan:

http://www.cardomain.com/id/kubice

Now getting started with my MX-3

http://www.cardomain.com/id/dakubis

I think that both are very nice cars.. and each of them have some + and -.
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

hmmmm!! think I prefer the MX-3, but hey I guess I would do, if I'm on this forum and owning one eh? :lol: we're all slightly biased here, I bet!

what was better in the Nissan, than the MX-3? -as you say, theres + and - about both of them

would be interesting to know, because yes.. the MX-3 must have its shortcomings somewhere.
1997, Silver, V6
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

kubis, dont go 17'' man!!! I got 18'' and i regret it cos they look too small!!!!

I reckon a 225 width would be about maximum on the front so you should try and find like a 20'' 19'' rim with a 225/35/19 profile.

If any1's interested in a set of 18'' chrome wolfrace Asia-techs in perfect condition and willing to pay the right price, let me know!!!!! :D
UKMX-3

Post by UKMX-3 »

The only good 100NX to have was the Jap import version which had the
2 litre engine from the primera GT, 148BHP in a car that weights about 200kgs less than ours.....pretty quick.

Aside from that just another boring nissan sunny with a fancy set of clothes on it!

very reliable though, or so im told!
.:]{UBIS:.

Post by .:]{UBIS:. »

snellgrove wrote:hmmmm!! think I prefer the MX-3, but hey I guess I would do, if I'm on this forum and owning one eh? :lol: we're all slightly biased here, I bet!

what was better in the Nissan, than the MX-3? -as you say, theres + and - about both of them

would be interesting to know, because yes.. the MX-3 must have its shortcomings somewhere.
The minus on the NX was that the T roof leaked as someone was saying.. but mine NX was crashed so this could be the reason. The roof was great when sunny day.. I have no sunroof on my MX3 so I miss the T-roof from NX.The other good thing on NX was how the car was reliable and quick, less weight than MX3 so the car was fast even it was year 91 and just 1.6 16v.Can imagine that 2.0 GT NX is beating some V6 1.8 MX3.But I did not like the front, quiet ugly the lights. The rest of it is really nice work.

What I like on the mazda?Everything.. it is ride with style.. love it all.I just miss tho sunroof.. The minus on MX3 is the power of 1.6 16v.. I would rather buy 1.8 V6 when buying again. But the 97 interior is much nicer than older ones and my MX3 was cheap and good bid.. so therefore I have just 1.6 16v with only 107HP.

Return to “European MX-3 Community”