Whats this

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Rick Johnson

Whats this

Post by Rick Johnson »

This looks like an EGR solenoid or something but the ZE doesn't come with EGR, as you can see the clip is busted to and you can see the coil inside, I need to swap over a spare solenoid from the K8 but I'm not exactly sure what this is for?

EDIT: I resized it and also that vac line its hooked up to wasn't connected when I got the motor, the hose just naturally wants to go there so I think thats where it was originally....
faried

Post by faried »

Thats the Purge Control Solenoid, on the K8 it sits on the firewall just above the black cannister but on the ZE it's mounted on the engine.
vozaday2000

Post by vozaday2000 »

i swapped over the egr and replaced that selinoid with the two k8 ones. i can't see why you can't take one off the k8 and put it on there if you don't want the egr.
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/730367 - UPDATED!!!!!!!

'94 MX-3 GS KLZE, KL01 Cams, Fidanza Flywheel, Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, WeaponR Ram Air, 2 1/4 exhaust, Nichi Neptune Rims, Toyo Proxy 45 Rubber.

Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Ok thanks guys, I will just pull it off and use the firewall mounted purge solenoid. I'm not sure if I should pull the whole evap system or not it seems pretty useless but I'm still not sure, it doesn't do any harm to leave it functional....

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”