1.7 Ford Puma Vs 1.8 MX-3 V6

A place for the MX-3 Community in Europe to gather.
UKMX-3

1.7 Ford Puma Vs 1.8 MX-3 V6

Post by UKMX-3 »

All I can say is hahahaha, the guy was doing okay until i got into second gear.

I love the way that people dont know how to react to our cars, especially if they have subtle/stealth mods.

I think the dude bricked himself when he heard the roar come from my HKS as I put my foot down.!
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

nice one mate! 8)

I dont condone street-racing, keep it on the track I say.. but heh, I hate the ford puma, its such a hairdresser looking car, all girly and rounded.. yuck!!
1997, Silver, V6
UKMX-3

Post by UKMX-3 »

Hey its cool, i backed of at 70, its this messed up set of traffic lights near where i live right on a 70mph dual carriage way!

Nice road planning guys!!!!
garfy1981
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by garfy1981 »

ha ha !! i used to find ford pumas would always pick on my old renault megane coupe.

on another note however i have noticed that a few diesels have been able to catch the mx especially that damm skoda fabia Rs !! that car has so much torque!!
2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.
UKMX-3

Post by UKMX-3 »

Yeah, i noticeds that to, tried to pull away from one at 70, and it just stuck with me all the way up to silly speed, wasnt happy......

Really need that Jap KLZE grunt
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

lol, the Fabia vRS is a 130bhp diesel

it'll sit beside an MX-3 easily, as it has more torque.. and about the same bhp!!

0-60 would be a good one though, diesels aren't flexible like our petrols'.. gotta keep a diesel in the middle of its rev range, but with ours.. well, we all know.. from 4500 onwards really, VRIS fun!! :P
1997, Silver, V6
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

Has any one been at the lights with a Ford Focus, one of my mates has one, not sure of the engine size but our car is far more powerful. The other day another mate of mine pulled at the lights in his Focus, I laughed pulled away and he flys past me pissing his sides laughing. Turns out to be a Focus ST170, Buggary. Had a look under the hood and the engine looks like a tiny little baby compaired to our V6 in that cramped bay, but dam that engine puts down some power.

Just to be sure this was not racing, we were just accelerating fast. :wink:
UKMX-3

Post by UKMX-3 »

yeah the V6 model of our cars has great gasp value when you open up the bonnet, people cant believe the size of the engine, it just fills the bay up totally.

I wouldnt mess with a focus ST170, just to much power to go against, although i do love a little drag race against the old vectra sri150's thats always a laugh, even the 180 is pretty slow becuase the car is so heavy.
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

UKMX-3 - ive seen your cardomain page ... and i would like to know what are your clear side indicators ?
Are they aftermarket or from another model ?

K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
UKMX-3

Post by UKMX-3 »

Hey Outlaw....

Well those side indicators were a massive pain.

Basically i got a set of MX-6 clear Side repeaters.

removed the clear lense section and super glued them to the side of my car...lol

not very professional, but it works...

i used silcon gell to seal the unit from behind and some around the sides of the indicators to make a sealed unit....
its been through a very snowy winter and some pretty humid days and i've had no problems.

I thought the MX-6 lenses looked quite good on our cars, the elongated oval design kinda suits the mx-3
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

ok, thanks for the tip :)

Funny this topic... i used to own a Ford Puma 1.7 VCT
and i went to the used car dealership
and exchanged it for a Mx3 1.8 V6

i guess why hann ?
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
Winetou

Post by Winetou »

I noticed that every guy in new VW Passat TDI think that he is faster than me... so every time when i see that car i reduce gear almost automatically and i feel great looking on passat in my mirror :)
ricfillov

Post by ricfillov »

Greeeaaat news on the puma, as i nearly got dun by a seat ibiza new shape diesel (06). I didnt put up much of a fuss an let him go until the next roundy where dweeb boy was smuggly smiling at me from the right as he spun (unluckily)off the line i buckled with laughter red lined it in 2nd an 3rd then waved bye bye, but to my amazment there he was in my mirror angrilly grining for me to pull over,so i pulled over 70's my limit an i was in the misis mx.It's suprizing whats out there.
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

Id like to add, for legal reasons mx-3.com does not support street racing in any form.

Return to “European MX-3 Community”