Strut Tower Sway Bar Question

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Strut Tower Sway Bar Question

Post by Tunes67 »

Ok guys.. got a noob question for you. I recently bought a sway bar that mounts in the engine bay from strut tower to strut tower. Now this looks like a pretty easy install and I think I can figure that part out on my own ;) But my question is.. After I add the bar.. will it change my alignment at all? I admittedly suck at suspension work and gladly hand over most suspension jobs to a shop ;) It doesnt matter if it will change the alignment since I have a lifetime alignment deal with Firestone. I am just wondering if I should plan a trip there after I put the bar in. Thanks guys :)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

No it will not alter your alignment.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Install should not change your alignment as long as you install the bar in a snug but neutral position. i.e. park on a flat level surface and don't adjust the bar so that it puts outward pressure on the strut towers. You are gonna love the results of this mod.
Image -Jim
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

the rear you have to cut a V or chanel in your seat belt mount
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Muchos Grassyass ;) Thanks guys.. :)

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)

RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

lifetime align. deal? Nice! I'd go there like every month just because.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Its pretty cool really.. there are 20 Firestone chain stores around here and I can take my paperwork to any one of them and get a free alignment. So yeah.. I take advantage of it ;) I typically get at least 2 alignments a year minimum. Was $150 bucks though. So basically.. pay for 2 alignments and get a lifetime alignment. :D

Tunes67

Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

You are gonna love the results of this mod.
You werent just whistling dixie were you? LOL Dayum that bar makes a big difference.. Now I cant wait for the roads to dry out a bit more to really see what she can do ;)

Tunes67

neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Tunes67 wrote:
You are gonna love the results of this mod.
You werent just whistling dixie were you? LOL Dayum that bar makes a big difference.. Now I cant wait for the roads to dry out a bit more to really see what she can do ;)
:2thumbsup: :lol: I couldn't believe the steering and handling improvement from so little time & $ for this mod. After install on the MX-3, left for a short test drive and didn't return til ~2 hrs. later after whipping thru every twisty road near my house. Have since installed strut braces on a 95 Camry, 90 MX6 and 96 626 with equally good results. In the Camry, my daughter ran over someone's dropped bumper assembly at 70+ mph on I-95 & the driver side went airborne. Tore up the exhaust sys & dented the floorpan but I suspect the strut brace helped to distribute suspension impact & allow driver control under those conditions. Enjoy.
Image -Jim
matt_fulghum

Post by matt_fulghum »

I hate how I-95 sucks along its entire length...

in NH it's potholed, in MA it's slowed to a crawl all the time, in NJ you're tripping out on chemical fumes, in the south it's always muggy as hell... ick.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

free alignment with a set of tires you buy?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

No.. its a deal for the alignment only.. I got my tires elsewhere.. but called around to see if anyone still offered the lifetime alignment deal still.. used to be a lot of places that would do that.. but too many people like me abused it so most places (around here anyway) dont offer it up any more.. but Firestone does.. heh.. suckers.. LMAO ;) After tax it was about $150.. basically the cost of 2 alignments.. but I can go back anytime I want to any firestone and have it aligned for free now :D

Tunes67

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”