v6 turbo manifolds..

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
solo_ryder

v6 turbo manifolds..

Post by solo_ryder »

Have you guys nocticed this? there are 3 for sale at the moment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=33632
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

I noticed but I don't think they will fit our cars.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Looks a whole hell of alot like BabyBlues' set-up. I'd bet they fit or come close. However, the price is way out of line. I've priced custom turbo manifolds and downpipe from a local Good welding shop and they said somewhere around 700. The auction is for 950 buy it now and 850 bid.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

yea...they look good quality though. I think MMI made babyblues didnt they? Looks like a kool setup however.
n2oklze

Post by n2oklze »

Matt Maas makes those. He know's his stuff. No way I'd pay that much for them since I really don't care what mine look like, but if you want a good set of turbo pipes that are perdy, buy those.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

they are perdy, wonder if they would fit in our bays?!?
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Be our test monkey
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
MX3newbie77
Supporting Member

Post by MX3newbie77 »

They look identical to the ones on http://www.probeaddiction.com
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

n2oklze wrote:Matt Maas makes those. He know's his stuff. No way I'd pay that much for them since I really don't care what mine look like, but if you want a good set of turbo pipes that are perdy, buy those.
no theses aren't Matt pipes, have you ever see Maas pipes ? completly different, he uses stock logs. Yes they are the same as I have. I had to extend around 1 inch to the up pipre to clear the frame, and the downpipe was a b!tch to install.I had to mod the DP a lot. The X-member had to the be extremly dropped to get them to fit the DP (2.5"). and after that, if your car is lowered you'll hit the ground every 2 min. I know I do with 1.3"drop

but they are great qualitu pipes? Abe is a great guy to deal with too.
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

hehe talon, yea i'll be the test monekey if u wanna pay for em lol, i am still waitng on my ZE should be here withing 2 weeks :shock:
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

"test monkeys" didn't you read BBY Blues post, he has them and they don't fit very well. But them and spend more money to modify them to fit and then cry when you find out that a custom set would have cost half that. No offence Baby Blue you are a pioneer and I read your other post about needing them quickly and not wanting to have to find a GOOD place to make some custom for you.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

thats nice, but too expensive
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Whatever happened to the whole Rear-mount Turbo idea?? Anyone ever try it?
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Looks kinda funny to me, that is also alot of piping man, if osmeone has the cash they may want to try it but i am not to sure what the responce would be like.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

solo_ryder wrote:Looks kinda funny to me, that is also alot of piping man, if osmeone has the cash they may want to try it but i am not to sure what the responce would be like.
A lot of pipe??? Have you ever looked at a bill peice by piece for like IC piping and Exhaust piping?? They charge you for the whole piece 10' piece even if they only use 2'. If I have a V6 KL-DE thats what I would do I think. To make room all you would have to do if go with a Racing gas tank and then put the turbo and everything right there. I think it would be awesome. You look under the hood and see nothing, you could even tell most ppl itis still 1.8L. That would be teh ultimate sleeper :twisted:

Return to “Forced Induction”