Cooling fan on DE swap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
slimsmedley

Cooling fan on DE swap

Post by slimsmedley »

okay, i will begin by saying that whenever i go to the search part of this site i get error messages, so go easy on me if this is a fairly talked about subject.
I recently swapped the K8 for the Jap DE (yes, there are jap DE's too, i checked the head codes with Mazda Japan) in my eunos along with the ecu and wiring. I used the distributer from my eunos cus the new one was faulty, but everything else was swapped over.
After a few days the spark leads shat themselves (5 cylinders is so bad), but apart from that no problems,

EXCEPT

the cooling fan turns on @ 40 degrees C aprox. and never turns off until it cools down again. It drains power from the cabin lights, dash lights and the headlights.
Any ideas? do i need to swap the sensors over from the old engine?
1994 Eunos 30x Sports
blaze red, Jap KL-DE 2.5 V6 conversion, KL28 ecu, Auto to Manual gearbox conversion, lightened flywheel, Top Gun leads, aftermarket radiator, Elf engine oil and filters, 2 1/4" cat-back mandrel bent exhaust with carbon fibre/stainless steel muffler and 4" tip, Pioneer sound system, 17" SSW rims, 101.3 wheel k/watts @ 6500rpm
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

We all have this issue, however it doens't seem to rob anything from my car. Did you swap ECUs too or just the engine? A DE ecu should read the temp correctly since it is set-up to read that sensor's resistance. If using a K8 ECU then you might try a K8 water temp sensor.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
slimsmedley

Post by slimsmedley »

i swapped the ecu over (KL28 - australian ecu), but the ecu is not actually the one originally from the engine. When the engine came in from the importers it was an automatic, so we did the conversion to manual and changed the ecu over.

So i am running an imported automatic KL-DE engine from Japan coverted to manual with australian manual ecu.........phew!

But i don't understand why even with the right ecu it happens to everyone. it doen's happen in my mate's MX6s or Probes...even the one with a ZE swap
1994 Eunos 30x Sports
blaze red, Jap KL-DE 2.5 V6 conversion, KL28 ecu, Auto to Manual gearbox conversion, lightened flywheel, Top Gun leads, aftermarket radiator, Elf engine oil and filters, 2 1/4" cat-back mandrel bent exhaust with carbon fibre/stainless steel muffler and 4" tip, Pioneer sound system, 17" SSW rims, 101.3 wheel k/watts @ 6500rpm

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”