[FS] KLZE MX-3 incomplete project car

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
greenstorm

[FS] KLZE MX-3 incomplete project car

Post by greenstorm »

My long project is almost complete, but I don't have any more time to work on it. The car is a 92 GS with a KLZE and lots of new parts. The engine runs, but the idle is very spuraddic, revving from 1-4 grand without touching throttle. (vaccum leak? bad timing?) My lack of knowledge and time to work on it is forcing me to either get rid of the car, or save it for a time in maybe later months or years when I will have time to finish it.

I will now do my best to explain the car.

The car was a GS AT, and I swapped in a manual tranny (new clutch too), and a KLZE at the same time. The KLZE has headers, mx-3 flywheel, k8 IM, klze injectors on it and sits in the engine bay as it should. The only things incomplete with this car are the top tranny mount is missing, the radiator mount is missing, I have the battery housing somewhere but is missing at the moment. The windshield is brutally cracked and scratched, and the rear spolier is taken off. Also needs exhaust. The chasis has 98k miles on it and the engine has supposedly around 30k. The tranny supposedly has about 80k.
Lots of random new parts were put on this car including headers, cd player, many hoses, timing belt, clutch slave cyl, clutch, both sides CV shafts, and I'm sure I'm missing something.

The car is located an hour's drive north of the Minneapolis/St. Paul area just across the border in Wisconsin. It's about 4-5 hours south of (Thunder Bay?) Canada. The car would need to be towed.

Right now I'm just looking for offers, so feel free to shoot me one. With a couple dollars, more mechanical knowledge than me, and some free time, this could be a sweet mx-3 for you.

Edit:
To comply with site rules I will put a price. 4000 or best offer. Emphasis on best and double emphasis on offer.
Last edited by greenstorm on July 1st, 2005, 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
what kind of car IS that?
greenstorm

Post by greenstorm »

anyone have any questions I can answer? I can also post pics if anyone is remotely interested...
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

would you sell the klze and all you have for it thats needed for the swap?

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Read the sticky in this section of the forum and edit your post plz.
greenstorm

Post by greenstorm »

Post edited. I wouldn't sell just the engine and parts, because I would have to take everything out of it and somehow ship it that way, and the fact that i wouldn't get that much. You're a year late sorry :( (yes thats how long it tookme to get it to run and I'm guessing another year with the time i have to work on it now, if i were to keep it.)
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

I am looking for a straight neck ZE intake manifold, how much to 30189. PM me please incase I miss your response here.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
georgechicken

Post by georgechicken »

So, why not hire someone to come fix it? like maybe... me? :) I'm a travelling grease monkey... been all over the country doing mazda jobs, and have no plans to stop... for just a couple of hundred bucks, you could have this bad a-- car running in no time... honestly, with the time and money invested thus far, you'll kick your own a-- for letting it go without tearing a-- through town in it once.. :) If you're interested in my services, email me at georgechicken@yahoo.com.. I can give you references from here on the mx3 groups if you desire... good luck!

Daniel
--Maybe the Hippopotamus was just a really cool Apotamus.--
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

I'll reference that Georgechicken seems to know a his stuff. Just an observation from his posts on the board..
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”