Idle air bypass valve resistance + timing

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mdavis

Idle air bypass valve resistance + timing

Post by mdavis »

Alright, so I re-set my timing and re-calliberated my TPS using this PT post:

http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701026318

My first question: My_probe_is_faster says the Idle Air Bybass Valve resistance should be between 10.2-12.3 ohms, mine is 13.9. What does this mean, and is it bad?

Also, what is the stock base timing? He says to set it to 10 - is that advanced from stock? Thanks.
GS-R SE
Fixin's
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

not adavence from stock, +10 is stock and what it should be. 10 degrees advance...
as for resistance, I don't know what that means, but I'd guess it is not functioning within paramters, so it needs to be replaced. Or you have another issue throwing it off.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: Idle air bypass valve resistance + timing

Post by jschrauwen »

mdavis wrote:Alright, so I re-set my timing and re-calliberated my TPS using this PT post:
http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701026318
My first question: My_probe_is_faster says the Idle Air Bybass Valve resistance should be between 10.2-12.3 ohms, mine is 13.9. What does this mean, and is it bad?
Also, what is the stock base timing? He says to set it to 10 - is that advanced from stock? Thanks.
Morgan, first I have to say that you've got an excellent web site.
I've used that PT post also. I thought they called it IAC, anyways mine falls outside the specs also as you've probably noticed on my post of similar issues. I'm at 12.6 ohms - on a KL68 TB. Can I assume that's what you're running. I never did get an answer to the same question that you asked as far as is the IAC completely toast or what???
"Is that adanced from stock?" - No...just 10 degrees advanced from zero - which is stock.
You may have also noticed from my thread that I am currently running with the IAC wire connector disconnected just so I can try to maintain a lower idle rpm (650-700).
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”