Electrical problem for resident genius.

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Mazderati

Electrical problem for resident genius.

Post by Mazderati »

Ok, so I took out the brain of my Clifford Concept 40 about 2 months ago because it was not working. And the car functioned fine for 2 months. No probs. Then, while trying to fix a power window switch problem I inadvertantly crossed a couple of wires on my power window switch, and lost all power to my ignition( dash lights too). I have hazards and lights, but no ignition. I have checked all fuses in the interior and the engine bay and they are fine. So, back to the alarm, could it be that there was a separate starter kill module with the alarm? (which would still be in there somewhere) And that this starter kill module was somehow affected by the crossed wires in the power window situation? Though God knows how. ( How could crossing two wires in your power window shut down the ignition and show no blown fuses I wonder?)

I'm thinking that if it is the alarm that this is relevent in this forum.

Thanks in advance for any feedback, its appreciated.

8) 8) :lol: :lol:
96 GS, 17" Niche's, Falken 40's. Eibach springs, Tokico S/R struts, Ractive front & rear strutbars. Supertrapp exhaust, K & N intake. Soundstream Reference, JL & Eclipse audio.

Green means "Go", Yellow means, "Go Faster"!!
Mazderati

Post by Mazderati »

The shop removed the old alarm remnants today, turns out the problem was in the main car wiring, but that the short was partly caused thru the alarm wirings interacting with the regular car wiring.
96 GS, 17" Niche's, Falken 40's. Eibach springs, Tokico S/R struts, Ractive front & rear strutbars. Supertrapp exhaust, K & N intake. Soundstream Reference, JL & Eclipse audio.

Green means "Go", Yellow means, "Go Faster"!!

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”