BPT airflow sensor

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Cpl_Bryant

BPT airflow sensor

Post by Cpl_Bryant »

Here's my issue: I am swaping out my 1.6 SOHC for the BPT. The new engine did not come with an airflow sensor. Just want to know what to use in the BPT? Can I use the same one from the MX-3? Protege? Something else/better?
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/cplbryant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

RX7 one is the best. Use a 86-88 N/A. Should have a big B code on it.
Cpl_Bryant

Post by Cpl_Bryant »

And the electrical plug connector is the same? If that one is the "best" will the other B series engine ones work still?
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/cplbryant" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
D323

Post by D323 »

yes the plugs are the same. Alot of the protege guys do the same swap.

The B6, BP, B8, RX-7(88-91 or whatever like BuGS said), JDM/EDM GTX vafs all work... some might have an advantage over others (size wise) but all will plug up.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

D323 wrote:yes the plugs are the same. Alot of the protege guys do the same swap.

The B6, BP, B8, RX-7(88-91 or whatever like BuGS said), JDM/EDM GTX vafs all work... some might have an advantage over others (size wise) but all will plug up.
Ya they all work for everything, only difference is like D323 said is Size. RX7 one has the biggest AF rate out of them all so it is an upgrade for even GTX owners. The only one that is bigger or the same size is the GTR one I beleive.
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Im just using the mx3 one and the car pulls like a freight train, I dont think that there would be any noticeable difference between them.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
D323

Post by D323 »

Franko wrote:Im just using the mx3 one and the car pulls like a freight train, I dont think that there would be any noticeable difference between them.
tell that to ppl that bore out throttle bodies. The fewer restrictions, the more power.

You'd be suprised how much of a difference restrictions can make.
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Ohh Im well aware of the fact that restrictions take power away.. but when it comes to the bpt.. Have you seen the size of the turbo? Seriously.. Its so small that any difference in size after it goes through the turbo is pointless. Its more important to have smooth curves and have as much flow as possible through your entire system.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.

Return to “Forced Induction”