DOES YOUR BACK WHEEL DRIFT ON TURNS?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
puraieru

DOES YOUR BACK WHEEL DRIFT ON TURNS?

Post by puraieru »

Ok today, I noticed the rear of my car drifts when making turns to the RIGHT. This happens on mild curves and not at excessive speed. (A good avg speed would be 20-25/mph)

Now, when turning to the LEFT there is no drifting or any feel of "skidding". Silky smooth turns.

I havent looked into it yet since i just noticed it today but, Ideas?
My suspension sux?

Thanks in advance.
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

Is your suspension modified? When I was riding stock height and ebrake slided around left turns, my friends always told me my rear tire would come off the ground. But then again, when I took the struts off to do my suspension, the struts wouldn't hold themselves up... my case was blown struts.

I always had a bit of oversteer, even after doing my springs. But I got a front strut bar and even still I get surprized by how much you can feel the a-- end of that car grab on a corner. I'll take on a little too fast, start thingin oh shizzle... then it feels like it dropped onto a rail and it just zips through the apex of the corner. God damn I love my MX-3!
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
puraieru

Post by puraieru »

its stock. thanks for the reply. anymore?
dj inferno

Post by dj inferno »

buy new tires.. get nice directional ones.
prototype

Post by prototype »

My rear struts are blown and my car's rear slides out from under me quite easily so I'm thinking that that is my problem... seems like it could be yours too.

Just push on the back of the car, if it bounces more than twice, something is messed up.. OR if it goes down and get's stuck then the strut is completely out of oil and is definitely in need of replacing. lol.
yiorta

Post by yiorta »

Or maybe you should check your tyre's pressure!
Devilhog

Post by Devilhog »

I have stock everything on my car, never notice the back end wanting to slide at all except in winter ;) And I take corners pretty fast haha. Its mostly my front end giving away before the back end.
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

My back tires have only lost tractions once around a corner. . . but I was going about 55 on a series of hair-pins at 3 am. Would never drive like that when people are on the road.
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
Domnknpimp

Post by Domnknpimp »

this car does seem to oversteer a lot more than usual for a FWD vehicle. it feels almost like the e-brake is pulled when making sharp turns

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”