Front lip on GS Bumpers or not

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
pyccak

Post by pyccak »

I ordered a GS bumper from an Autobody shop. And I told those guys a couple of times that I wanted one with a Front Lip but the one they showed me didn't have one. Do they actually have one? Can I buy a front bumper with a front life from the regular autobody shops?
Please help me on that because I do not want to buy the RS bumper.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

getting stock GS lips is TOUGH LUCK man, unless someone on here has one or custom made one, theyre very rare
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
RoundTop

Post by RoundTop »

it is expensive...but contact Mazda directly.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

I have a stock teal lip that i might be selling. Has the normal scrathes on the bottom but in great shape other then that.
Mazderati

Post by Mazderati »

I hit a deer a couple of years back and the repair shop told me the lip on my GS was $700. Good thing insurance covered it. Big $$$!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll:
96 GS, 17" Niche's, Falken 40's. Eibach springs, Tokico S/R struts, Ractive front & rear strutbars. Supertrapp exhaust, K & N intake. Soundstream Reference, JL & Eclipse audio.

Green means "Go", Yellow means, "Go Faster"!!
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

I wonder how long it took for the insuracne company to make that back in rate hikes? lol
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Mazderati wrote:I hit a deer a couple of years back and the repair shop told me the lip on my GS was $700. Good thing insurance covered it. Big $$$!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll:
$700 bull . maybe for entire front end rebuild

[Watch the language]
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Mazderati

Post by Mazderati »

No bull. I didn't believe him either at first. Then he showed me the cost slip from his supplier. This was the separate lip part not the whole bumper. And like I said, insurance convered it. So it was no skin off my back. I'm sure this guy wasn't giving the insurance company a discount anyhow. Fortunately, as a "comprehensive" claim versus a "collision" claim in British Columbia at the time, my rates did not increase. Same thing, from the claim type point of view, with a deer hit as a rock in the windshield. I was shocked at the $700 tag, but then I thought to myself, the insurance company made a billion dollars last year......they can afford it.

Hey, the crazy deer ran out and hit ME, I didn't hit her! At least thats what I told the insurance guy.........

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D
96 GS, 17" Niche's, Falken 40's. Eibach springs, Tokico S/R struts, Ractive front & rear strutbars. Supertrapp exhaust, K & N intake. Soundstream Reference, JL & Eclipse audio.

pyccak

Post by pyccak »

Oh s**t. I really don't want to have the regular one and a body kit is too expensive for me right now too. I was looking for a erebuni one but the shop I asked for one said that they are really shity.
So I don't know what to do.
Mazderati

Post by Mazderati »

Try these guys out of T.O.....

http://pakfeifertuning.com/store/index.php

8) 8) 8)

PoisonDrop

Post by PoisonDrop »

I was luck enough to find one at the junk about a week ago. They even let me buy JUST the lip instead of making me take the whole bumper. I just got it on the other day...looks great!

All I have to say is...good luck on your search :)
Bling Bling

Post by Bling Bling »

I nailed a deer in January this year. The quote for a new one for me was 225 per side, as they join in the middle. That's why I went with a new front end.
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

The GS front lips are two peices (left & right), they cost $250 CDN each side brand new from Mazda.

Obviously that is crazy.

As time goes on its getting harder and and harder to find GS front lips in good condition. If you are lucky to find any most have some sort of wear or damage to them.

I had two pairs of GS lips but sold them recently, I still have a left side that is somewhat worn and damaged but is still usable.
LooseChangeRacing

Post by LooseChangeRacing »

Oh how I love to brake check people, when they ride my a--, becuase it seems as if thats the only way I'll ever be able to save up enough money to get something nice done to my car, lol do you think the insurance company would pay to have my car respraypainted lol. I mean come on, one little dent from a decent size vehicles gotta be able to get me a full body kit and paint job (i can get the paint job for $400) so basicly $1000, i think i need to piss some people off lol.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385931/4
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Car Type - 92 Black RS Stock 190k
Car Name - (yet to be decided)
Car Type - 93 (soon Black) GS KLZE 130k
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

body shops = expensive..its better to have cool uncles that do it for cheap or mexico across the border to have it done nice and inexpensive :D
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”