EGR and ze

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

It wont matter, you can hook it up(liek me) just ot keep the check light form coming..but the ZE block has NO hole for the gasses to pass through from the egr,

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
mx3mikey

Post by mx3mikey »

If you would like to speak with someone who has actually hooked up the EGR in the ZE, then go to Probetalk.com. I have been in contact with a few of the guys over there that have. There is even a write up for it. Just use the search feature on the board there. You can hook up a full ZE with EGR. Very little work involved.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

My ZE passes emisions without EGR and passes better than the K8 ever did. Here in GA if you swap a motor you have to pass with the same maximum limits that were set for the original motor.
As for the plate/no plate, I do have a block-off plate on my ZE. It is on the head right where the K8 EGR sat.
As for having to go back to EGR b/c you are using the K8 header, you can just take the nut that holds the EGR tube into the K8 header and weld it shut so that no gasses will escape. Leave all the other EGR stuff in the car too, such as the charcoal canister, just don't hook it up. That way if they check for the other stuff they will see it. Make sure to leave the lines and hosese connected as best you can and run them to a spot that can't be seen behind the motor. I don't see this as being wrong since you will still have to pass. Matter of fact don't tell them that you swapped motors, it looks just like a K8 to the normal person. No harm no foul..
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”