The lose your license and make your interior decked out proj

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
LooseChangeRacing

The lose your license and make your interior decked out proj

Post by LooseChangeRacing »

I'm gonna throw out what I'm going to do, then I would like some ideas as well. Anyway, yeah i'm doing this becuase of the fact I like to do interior/stereo becuase if for some reason something happens to the car I can always transfer that stuff over lol to a new car. Anyway, heres my project list so far....let me know...

Speakers...
Already have 2 kicker comp vrs, need a better amp but well yeah.
Fiberglass encloser into the corners where the opening is, and that will go around the seat to the other side 2 6x9's will be placed basicly on the back of the seat. 1 more kicker will be placed inverted in the trunk well and 2 caps underneath of that the amps, i'm not quite sure yet, right now I have bars going from 1 of the stock speakers to the other side and I have my amp mounted on those, so I'm not sure if i should keep it like that or mount that somehwere else.

Next is moving forward....
The deeper part where the people hand would be placed in the back seats, to the sides, I'm going to put a 6x9 on each side. Near the top where the plastic runs along the roof, i'll be putting 2 tweeters on each side.

Moving forward more...
The sides of the door will not be completely filled but will be half molded and a 6x9 on both sides will be slid in there. 1 tweeter on each side will be put into the plastice along the roof, right above my gauges. I'm changing the stock front speakers to be molded facing more in the driving and passenger direction, basicly just to direct the sound a bit more. Underneat the ebrake will be a tweeter on each side of it....oh yeah, that is gonna be so nice looking lol.

Any other ideas on where i can make some nice adjustments lol.

Anyway for the other...nice fun stuff....

I'm going to pull a luxury vehicle thing here....
I'm going to custom bring back the center console to meet the back seat and going to actually get some tubing or something, not sure exactly what I should get and bring back heater power to the rear lol, going to put in some rectangle vents so well people can get some nice heat, lol, the ps2 will also be mounted in this place, just need to get a indash, becuase my crappy on-dash tv is well crappy lol, ebay $120 lol.

Do you guys think two amps, 1 for each side will be enough to power the 6x9s, and I need crossovers for the tweeters, now sure how many i should get though? what do you guys think?
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2385931/4
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Car Type - 92 Black RS Stock 190k
Car Name - (yet to be decided)
Car Type - 93 (soon Black) GS KLZE 130k
Legato626

mmmmm

Post by Legato626 »

Ok lets see you want a hole badass stereo. First thing how much money do you want to spend :lol: and what size sub’s and speaker’s you want.

If you have the money and don’t really care about anything else. GO ALL OUT MAN!! First take your kicker stuff and just KICK IT out the way. First we look at the heart of the system the deck. Would you like to have the sweetest deck ever made? I have used alpine decks I have seen clarion decks and a few others, but only one brand that I like. Eclipse is the deck that I will always recommend for people. The decks are VERY good, the sound is really clear and the bass is clear and laud. They do cost a little bit more then others but you get your moneys worth with these decks. At this would you like a deck that can take memory sticks and has built in GPS system, I don’t know about you but I like using mp3 memory sticks. The new models of the 8volt decks from eclipse have wma, mp3, and memory stick and built in GPS system, plus the deck just looks badass.

http://www.eclipse-web.com/cd/cd8455.html

Speakers: If you want something that sounds sweet and make your ears bleed eclipse point source's. These speakers are just kick a--; they are made for amps. Get a nice set of 3 way 6x9's and a set of 6 1/2 3way's for the front. With the 170watt eclipse high out put amp and your ears will bleed. If not just get normal eclipse speakers, because they sound sweet to.

http://www.eclipse-web.com/speaker/index.html#spe

Sub/amp: This is the part where most people love the bass. I have heard alphin, kicker, eclipse, rocfered, but I like crossfire. I have a DB 15 in a sealed box in my car with a 200watt crossfire amp, and I bump pretty well. My gf has 10in crossfire P1. I know a guy that throw 3 12in crossfire BMF subs in the back of his stratus with a 1500watt amp and that was pushing 151.8DB. (That was one laud car...) But I like the fact that crossfire is cheap and really good.

http://www.crossfirecaraudio.com/frameset.asp

Well this is the set up I go with. It isn't cheap I tell you that but this set up will get you noticed if you roll down the street bumping.
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
Legato626

speakers

Post by Legato626 »

O ya and if you are going to put speakers in the seats i would say screw speakers put some little 6in subs in the seats. =)
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

LooseChangeRacing

Well I have a fairly new alpine deck plays wma mp3 all that 200 wattz, definitly not bad, so I got my mp3 hookup, the money lol, i wont be doing this all at once, but I figure I spend roughly $250 on gas a month so yeah, little by little it will get there, I like the 6" sub idea, i might incorperate that somewhere lol. As of right now, I love my kickers, I love the sound, eventually i might choose L7's but for now i love my CVRs....as for amps, I would like to get the right setup, kicker amps for kickers subs, but what I think i might end up doing is doing kicker amps for the 6x9s and such and well go with my all time dream of Earthquake amps for the subs, becuase well, have you ever heard Earthquake slash felt earthquake....ouch it's painful, I've seen 1 15 pushing 150db and it wasnt even a SUPERB speaker, just in a regular box lol. I definitly do not NEED certain things though, so I will within the next few months be looking for good deals on nice 6 x 9's and even 6 rounds. The subs and amps I'm kinda going picky about, I want either earthquake or kicker, MAYBE others, depending on price and such always. Tweeters well, i want kicker, but they definitly dont matter too much becuase I dont think I need an amp for tweeters correct, just a crossover?

I'm gonna do some price searching right now since i'm at work and see how much the stuff I would like as for speakers will cost. Lol I know the amps I want for well 3 speakers will cost roughly $800 lol.
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
LooseChangeRacing

$90 - 2 1" Tweeters w/crossover
150 RMS 300 Peak
$55 - 2 6" speakers
50 RMS 100 Peak
$80 - 2 6x9 3 way
70 RMS 140 Peak
$125 - Kicker L7 8" sub (drool)
$100 - KX200.2
70 RMS X 2 4OHMS 140 RMS X2 2OHMS

all i gotta say is DAMN , my amp right now couldn't run 2 of those tweeters lol!
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Legato626

amps

Post by Legato626 »

Earthquake amps never heard of them. Who makes this amps?
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

Nd4SpdSe

Re: The lose your license and make your interior decked out

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

LooseChangeRacing wrote: I'm going to custom bring back the center console to meet the back seat and going to actually get some tubing or something, not sure exactly what I should get and bring back heater power to the rear
I love that idea, I've always wanted to do it since I say the Mx-3 concept pics.

You have people that sit in the back?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
LooseChangeRacing

mx-3 concept pics....hmm I wanna see those! lol

Earthquake Sound makes Eartquake amps....very powerful class d amps

And yes I am what you would say the community taxi lol I have a constant 3 - 4 people in my car lol.
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

LooseChangeRacing wrote:mx-3 concept pics....hmm I wanna see those! lol
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
LooseChangeRacing

damn that looks hot, makes me wanna bring the center console into an armrest for the backseats....which then i'll bring the vents up there and make it blow down onto the seat, man thats hot, anyway, yeah imagine that but with speakers in the door sides and back sides lol, man i can't wait to start but man i love having my license lol!
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
LooseChangeRacing

Im looking on some tips on where to get some stuff cheap

Wheres the cheapest place I can get fiberglass materials...

Foam....that I could use for molding?
Car Name - Elsie (LC)
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

try to find a local place that makes large fiberglass products...wind turbine blades or airplanes for example...ask them for scraps, if they even charge you it will be cheap.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Any updates on your project?

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”