need some help

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
95 rs

need some help

Post by 95 rs »

ok so im gonna turbo my 95 rs and im getting the manifold, wastegate turbo bov intercooler and all the piping and connections and what so ever from a 323 gtx and im wondering what the max psi that my 1.6 can handle with out blowing it up and how hard would it be to do this set up and would i have to hack a hole in my hood if i use the side intake i have right now? and would the intercooler fit up front if i dont have the front lip? plz help me out thnx
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Sence you are 19 I bet you can figure this one out.

Go here ---> http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/search.php

There was a Max PSI thread about 3-4 months ago
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

ok so now i know that i can run anywheres from 5-13 psi depending on the tuning so what should i use to get the 13 psi on stock internals or atleast around there 10 psi would be fine to i did look in the search but i couldnt find anything so some help would be greatly appriciated thnx
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

To get 13psi on stock internals you are "probably" going to need a stand alone engine management system, and a boost controller to jack up your boost. I wouldn't run 13 psi all the time. Let the motor run stock psi for daily driving and then raise the boost when you want to run.

And... you will probably want to get a turbo timer.
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

whats a good stand alone system to use? and well the turbo timer and boost controller shouldnt be a problem so yah if u guys could tell me a good stand alone thatd be awesome thnx guys
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

seriously man If you searched you would have found stuff.

First off if you went back to your original post
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... +gtx+turbo

Look at the last reply.

Next:
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... bo+project
https://home.comcast.net/~josh95mx/index.html
facko

Post by facko »

well...i turboed my 1.6 w/ the gtx manifold, a vj-11 turbo (from mx6 i think) but my intercooler is from an eclipse...and my piping is random radiator hoses :D and my car get anywhere from 7-10psi of boost...it gets like 7-8 in 1st and second but 10 in 3rd...i think that mostly has to do w/ my crappy IC piping but...basically what im saying is if thats around the boost ur trying to run, you wont need an expensive stand alone system. to compensate for the need of more fuel i just got a vortec 12:1 fmu and injectors from a BP motor (the 1.8 4cyl). according to my A/F guage im in mid-high end of stoich at idle and like 3bars green at WOT...and thats about where u wanna be according to everything ive seen about that soo...unless u got the xtra cash to afford the standalone...i think they're not needed until u get big injectors and alot more boost.
BP swap -- Pacesetter Header -- Custom CAI -- Custom 2.5 Exhaust w/ a Thrush Glasspack and 40 Series Flowmaster -- SPEC Stage 2 Clutch Kit
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

ok well see im gonna be rebuilding my engine this winter and i wanna just use the turbo from there 323 just to piss around this summer and i do plan on beefing up my internals and getting a larger turbo for next summer so im probably gonna just set this turbo up so my car can run and have a bit more power then it does right now and then get the stand alone later on and tune it when i come back down to wpg cuz im moving to a secluded place so itd be kinda pointless in buying a standalone right now if my car wont even be tuned for like 2 months so thnx for the help and do i need to do any sort of tuning to the engine to have say 7 psi?
facko

Post by facko »

i havent tuned nething, just get that fmu, and some injectors out of a miata or protege...one of those 1.8L cars and you should be ok. just make sure u get an Air fuel and boost gauge so u can monitor everything. as long as its not running lean u shouldnt blow nething up. the only actual tuning u can do w/ this set up is the timing. adjust so u dont have ne pinging and you should be fine till u can afford all the cool fancy stuff :D. im not sure if i wanna save up to get new internals and stuff for my 1.6 or just do the bp swap yet :shrug:
BP swap -- Pacesetter Header -- Custom CAI -- Custom 2.5 Exhaust w/ a Thrush Glasspack and 40 Series Flowmaster -- SPEC Stage 2 Clutch Kit
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

would b6t injectors work alright or would i be better off with the 1.8L injectors? and thanks again ur being a big help facko
facko

Post by facko »

they should be alright, u just dont want to get to big of an injector because then ur ecu wont be able to handle em. id ask someone who knows a lil more about the ecu if the b6t's would be a problem just to be safe tho :D and no problem for the help, i wouldnt have been able to put my turbo in w/o all the forum ppl helpin me lol
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

yah this site sure has gotten me out of some jams and well im turboing my car cuz some guy back home has a civic with a stage 2 or 3 turbo and well he thinks hes big s--- and yah i kinda wanna put him in his place my friend already has with his ultimate sleeper of a 89 dodge shadow with a stage 3 turbo and that thing has raped a non turbo supra so yah hes helping me out cuz he knows what hes doing but i just needed some pointers and thnx alot
facko

Post by facko »

no proble,, nething to take out a civic :D
forcedairram

injectors

Post by forcedairram »

Ok im not gonna swear to it but i believe the 323 injectors are larger than the bp injectors, i think the bp runs like 230cc the 323s are somewheres around 330cc or something. S AFC II works nice when tuning small setups, thats all i use to tune my stock bp with a 16G turbo.
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

ok so would i be able to get a S AFC II at say keystone or where would be the best place to get them cuz well im gonna be living in a secluded area and theres no major part stores there only like canadian tire and shipping would be alot of money so yah im looking for a cheap way

Return to “Forced Induction”