What do you think of this KLZE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
luke_mx3

What do you think of this KLZE

Post by luke_mx3 »

What do you guys think of this engine off ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WDVW
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

looks clean, and the seller has 100% positive feedback

:driver:
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Agreed.. as long as that is the engine they ship to you. One thing of note.. there is dust build up on the radiator hose and on the intake.. its not much.. and in a dusty enviroment this would accumulate to this amount in no time. But.. it could also be an indicator that the engine has been sitting for a while. I am not knocking this engine.. though the price is a bit higher than what I have seen from http://www.noyanusa.com. Just be aware that if it has been sitting for an extended period of time (a year or more).. the valve seals could have hardened up and may need to be replaced. Best of luck.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

seems like great price
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

This one was $975 shipped..

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... 28&start=0

Just as clean if not cleaner.. from http://www.noyanusa.com

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)

luke_mx3

Post by luke_mx3 »

Ya, I've checked the noyanusa.com and they have been out of klze's for quite some time I think. Should I just send them a request for one and see if they can find one.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Your call on that one man.. the e-bay one isnt a bad price.. but if I was in your shoes.. I would probably look around a bit before jumping on that one.. if I couldnt find anything else.. well that one is probably as good as any other :)

Tunes67

jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Re: What do you think of this KLZE

Post by jschrauwen »

luke_mx3 wrote:What do you guys think of this engine off ebay?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WDVW
Genuine JDM Spec KL-ZE Engine
Complete Head and Block
This engine comes used, but has been classified with less than 35K miles and includes our unlimited mileage warranty for SIX (6) full months (see warranty info below). This engine has met and passed our 7 Point Checklist with flying colors (see checklist below).
This engine is designed for use in Mazda 626, Mazda MX6, and Ford Probe applications, and specifically for model years 1993-1997. Stock 170HP.

Somethings not quite right here. As you noticed the highlighted area, I believe if it's a J-Spec ZE engine than it's approx 197hp, the KLDE is rated at 164hp.....so what do you really think the engine is....your call.....

Regardless, if the photo is the one up for grabs...it's pretty darn clean looking.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

The 170 HP might be a KF-ZE 2.0L, but the pic is a ZE. That is identifiable by the intake. Ask the mto pick out a clean one with little rust on the pulleys, that means it hasn't sat for too long, and then have them mark it with a paint marker, then ship it to you dirty so you can see the leaks. With the marking you can tell if it was the same one as the one in the pic they sent and make sure you are getting what you paid for. The price is decent for a good motor.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
bigtime

Post by bigtime »

no both the kfze and klze had the straight neck manifold...
There was an mx6 front cut i looked at a few weeks ago..
Only way i knew it was the kfze was it had the kf50 ECU...
Damn that pissed me off......
And got a site of all the specs of the jap cars... They were released with the kfze and klze (mx6)..
The VIN/chassis number was of a 2L.
If u can get photo of "KL" stamped on the block of the engine...... :)
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

From that angle, the runners look like KFZE, not KLZE. They don't look square from that angle. Get some more pics from that seller if you can.
gfreire

Post by gfreire »

That picture doesn't necessarely mean thats the engine which you are getting. Its a general picture of a KLZE engine which they had. If you look carefully they use the same picture for every KLZE engine auction. I just checked and its the same picture on every auction. Therefore that's not the engine which you will be getting. Personally i would rather try to get a engine locally because of waranty issues then getting one of ebay.
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

that is the company I wanted to do a group buy through but noone was interested but yea I talk to them alot it kas kl31 cams kl31 intake and kl31 tb they are klze's and these guys are great for help
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

they probably ment that klde has 170hp not the ze theyre selling
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

mitmaks wrote:they probably ment that klde has 170hp not the ze theyre selling
I find it a little difficult to buy into a company typo. They're not stupid, they want you in the door or for the most part committed to a sale and if the error is discovered, they will plead ignorance and still try to soft peddle what they have. They know exactly the demand and desire for the ZE engine. You must remember some of the member's horror stories as to near fraudulent ethics on the part of some of these importers and how much of a pain and hassle it was to get these companies to admit fault and error after the fact let alone try to correct the wrong.
I would query the company directly and challenge their advertisement as to it's origination of the reference pics, the stated power ratings, etc...in essence a barrage of questions just to see if there's a chink in the armour( see if they slip up).
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”