What size muffler to get - new to forum

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Rydin1

What size muffler to get - new to forum

Post by Rydin1 »

Whats up mx-3ers. IM new to the forum, so lets start out by sayin i got a 1.8 for now 5psd. I just ordered the PRM intake, and wanna free up some more air with an exhaust and muffler. Heres my deal, im buying the pacesetter exhaust even thought the muffler on those things sound like honda with ricebags in the bag. However, im giong to remove thier muffler and buy a good one. I was wondeing what size muffler to get, IE. - 5x 8, 7" round, so on so on. I know the stock is like 7" round, but can the 5x8 oval fit?

i trie to search but couldnt come up with anything that had the exact siszes to get, thanks
Rydin1

Post by Rydin1 »

anyone... please help a brother out
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Rydin1 wrote:anyone... please help a brother out
Only a guess on my part, and don't take it the wrong way but the reason why there hasn't been a lot of response to your request could be is that it appears that you may not have done what all new members and actually even long-time members usually do and that is do a little research on your own FIRST. That should give you a fair amount of back ground data to ask very specific questions and gives an indication to the membership at large that you were willing to do the legwork yourself first and not expect to be spoonfed your every desire. This may sound a little harsh and it's not intended that way but it's the reality of the situation.

Having said all that, here's one example where I posted a response that, IF you follow the same directions I gave to this person you'll find everything you could possibly think of and then some wrt cats, mufflers and complete systems.

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=42509

To explain my opening statement a little better...look to the opening post by another new member "seven" who's on this current page and see what I mean by doing research first followed by precise questions. You'll see the cause and effect situation generated by the superlative response that he recieved. This is all in an effort to get you started on the right foot with MX-3.com. We always welcome new members and you're no exception.
So the key point in you muffler search would be the data provided by "tatsu" from BC. The search funtion works quite well once you get the hang of it and the opening MX-3.com page contains an on-line shop manual to assist those who have a little car-savy. Hope all of this helps, again welcome to the board and good luck in your muffler/exhaust search.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Rydin1

Post by Rydin1 »

thanks for the input, i am new to this type of search on this forum, i used to have a jetta and used to the vwbortex style, this search is still nwe. I did say that i tried to use the search but couldnt really get what i was looking for. Thanks for the input, its very helpful.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”