Reverse lights not working...

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Reverse lights not working...

Post by MX-3 Money »

Ok now I know a lot of ppl have had this problem and posted it, but looking at their posts just makes me confused. I'm not very good when it comes to electrical problems. So if someone could explain it to me slowly that would be sweet. Now on a side note I tried looking in the shop manual and under Electrical wiring schematics and on page t-w-002 I saw that the back-up lights, horn, and cruise control are connected. Is this correct? And if it is that would be interesting cuz my horn and cruise control both don't work. Are the problems connected?
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

You're partially correct. The horn and cruise control are interconnected. If you have a closed short, that could be inhibitting your cruise control. The reverse lights are a separate issue. Going through the schematic there are other items that may be interconnected with the cruise control as well. The best start is to go through the applicable fuses, then broaden your fuse search if nothing shows. There are switches/relays for the horn and reverse. You hadn't mentioned if you could hear any clicking from a relay wrt the horn. This is a start.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

what part of the body would I be looking in for some reverse relays? Back need the tail lights or put but the firewall?
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

MX-3 Money wrote:what part of the body would I be looking in for some reverse relays? Back need the tail lights or put but the firewall?
First question - should be under the dash - check the online shop manual.
Second question - ?????? Need to re-word/re-phase that. I don't understand what the question is?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

There isn't any reverse relays.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Grants wrote:There isn't any reverse relays.
Absolutely right Grant's. Pg. Z-70, fig. F-2. Switch not a relay. And I believe the switch is on the transmission.
kat

Post by kat »

WOW! i'm glad i came across this cause my horn hasn't been working and my reverse lights haven't been working! I now know how to fix both!

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”