MAF Limitations?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
phredren

MAF Limitations?

Post by phredren »

Hey guys/gals,
I'm going to be running a B6T bottom end with a B6DE head, and ECU from a 95 MX3 in my Festiva soon. I've got a VJ/VF11 hybrid turbo on the engine right now, and I'll be aiming for about 215whp with this setup... I'm not sure if the turbo will support that but only time will tell. I'll be using 460cc RX7 injectors and using a Greddy EManage to adjust fueling/timing under boost. My main concern right now is that I'll exceed the flow capacity of the stock MAF sensor. The sensor only reads 0-5v, and my fear is that the MAF will be maxed out.

Does anyone know at what power level the MAF maxes out, and are there any available MAFs that interchange with the stock MAF? I've seen a Supra Turbo MAF and it looks like it would be a straight plug in swap.
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

don't know about the power limitations but i know a lot of people swap to an RX7 MAF because they flow more.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
phredren

Post by phredren »

The RX7 MAF is a flapper door style... I'm using a hot wire style air meter.
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

just cut one wire from the maf and solder in a 1kohm resisitor it will fool the ecu by causing a voltage drop in the path and will not read a full 5v reading there for engine will think it's not getting the full proper fuel air mix and dump in more fuel. thats one way not the best thing for the engine in the long run the other option is to wire it through a relay and switch so you can cause the voltage drop with a flick of a switch
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”