Ok...so money is no object...

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Chronicle-Rod

Ok...so money is no object...

Post by Chronicle-Rod »

What do you do to your car? I mean in terms of engine/suspension/rims/paint/modifications.

I'm looking for ideas - wild and crazy are fine. Considering going to a custom widebody, maybe investigating the possibility of switching it to RWD or AWD.

What I don't want is something that everyone else has - so what are ideas for things that would be WILD...if someone would just try it or find a way to make it work?

Engine - what would you do? 2.5L? Turbo? Twin-turbo? Is there another, more extreme, option?

I'm already planning the doors - they'll be lambo-style, shaved doorhandles with completely electronic control - with neon inset into the frame to provide lighting. Push the unlock button, the doors pop open - push lock, they come down and secure again.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

If money was no problem, I would get two MX3s
The first MX3 would be painted Midnight blue and I would put a V8 in it with RWD
Put some clicks, supercharger, 3.73s, CAI, heads and cam, Intake manifold, headers and X-Pipe and alot of other mods

The other MX3 would be painted red, it would have a KLDE engine with better internals that would be able to handle more power and boost, twin turbo, full exhaust, ported heads and intake manifold, slicks, AWD and alot of other mods.

But in reality:
AWD or RWD isnt possible on our cars without alot of chassis work...
Putting in a V8 is too tough and would also need chasis work
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
ertaisi

Post by ertaisi »

AWD can and has been done, apparently it's easier than a RWD would be. I just can't remember who has it or where on the board it was talked about.

If money really is no object, I would go for the fastest MX-3 on the planet. But before you say that, I'd talk with someone like babybluemx3 about the pit you could dig yourself.
'95 RS: RIP
bmwm3guy

Post by bmwm3guy »

that would have to be some small a-- turbos for a twin turbo setup :?
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

bmwm3guy wrote:that would have to be some small a-- turbos for a twin turbo setup :?
t3s are small a-- turbos but do the trick.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

As it's been said, an AWD BPT MX-3. If and when I get my own place, that's gonna be my new project (but more likely once i buy my own place, Ill have bills and a morgage, thus no money to spend on such a hobby), I so wanna give it a try... Throw in a GS steering rack. Full rollcage. Raise it a few inches with some off road tires. Keep a basic system with a smaller version of a CarPC, or one of those HU's with the LCD display and GPS, gotta have GPS (I've been spoiled with mine, it's sooo handy). I still want some decent system for some music for driving. If go with the same body kit combo, except make sure the front bumper is the eurethane version, i dunno if i'd still put a CF hood.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

It can be done but wont you need to do chassis work?

As everyone says though, anything is possible, even a AWD KLDE
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

if money were no object...put one of those 4 rotor, rotary engines( there was a video of an rx7 with one a while back on here) twin turbo. roll cage, wider tires.

another idea would be to convert it to an MR configuration KLZE
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
OptiX

Post by OptiX »

ertaisi wrote:AWD can and has been done, apparently it's easier than a RWD would be. I just can't remember who has it or where on the board it was talked about.

If money really is no object, I would go for the fastest MX-3 on the planet. But before you say that, I'd talk with someone like babybluemx3 about the pit you could dig yourself.
if its a 92/93 model, most of the parts to do this (if not all) are stolen from the 323 gtr/gtx anyways
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

If money was no object, I would get a 3rd Gen RX-7.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

If money was no object I would find a complete stock Mx-3, all original and keep it that way.

And then Id buy a Mclaren F1.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Oh yeah?

Well I would buy 2 McLaren F1's!
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

LOL
then Id buy ALL the MClaren F1's and the manufacturer so u cant have 1!!! :)
MX-SLICK

Post by MX-SLICK »

"Ok...so money is no object..."

Uhh, maybe a new car if you got that much money rich boy lol. jk. :lol:
94' MX3 GS atx
93 geo storm GSi
99' Ford ZX2 mtx
2001 honda CBR 600
2000 kawasaki kx 500 MX
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

If money was no subject I would defiantley look into putting 4 of those electric engines (1 for each wheel) on the MX3.
Of course, I would put a generator aswell

Now thats a true sleeper

I heard Honda/Acura was going to be doing that to the new NSX also which I find very cool
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”