a/c & intercooler question

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
facko

a/c & intercooler question

Post by facko »

i was just wondering if neone has kept their AC and still front mounted they intercooler? ive got a new bumper coming in the mail soon (like the corksport one) and im thinkin i should be able to fit one in there w/out interfering w/ the ac stuff...but i figured id get some input from u guys since i know the bumper is pretty popular for turbo setups. thx
BP swap -- Pacesetter Header -- Custom CAI -- Custom 2.5 Exhaust w/ a Thrush Glasspack and 40 Series Flowmaster -- SPEC Stage 2 Clutch Kit
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

i kept my A/C stuff...i still need to figure out the wiring to get the A/C to actually work since i went with a stand alone engine management system. the power steering thing i had to move though...i just moved it up into the oval part of the bumper next to the hood.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
facko

Post by facko »

thx for the info! now i just gotta wait for the bumper to get here...hey j/w, but what dimensions are that intercooler?
BP swap -- Pacesetter Header -- Custom CAI -- Custom 2.5 Exhaust w/ a Thrush Glasspack and 40 Series Flowmaster -- SPEC Stage 2 Clutch Kit
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

hey there facko, your in beaufort? i just left there about a month ago. i wish i could mave met you on here sooner.
92' mx-3 gsr, built engine, forged internals, p/p ze heads. t3/t4e .63/.60 turbo, udp, msd ignition, millenia s injectors, millenia im, water cooled intercooler, afpr, fmu. running at 7 psi right now
osargeant

Post by osargeant »

I kept my AC with my FMIC setup, I also didnt have to use hood pins like what some other guys did.
JSpec Turbo MX3 (1.6 DOHC)
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/310985

Port and Polished Head, Ported Intake Manifold, Valve Job, GTX Manifold, Hybrid Turbo, Cone Filter, 2.5" Exhaust, 2.5" Downpipe, ACT Street Clutch, Lightened Flywheel, MSD 6A Ignition, Boost Retard and SS Coil, Magnecor Plug Wires, Denso Iridium Plugs, UR Lightened Pulley, Spearco FMIC, Turbo XS BOV & MBC, BEGI RRFPR, Supra Injectors, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, Autometer Gauges, Pivot Shift Light
facko

Post by facko »

yeah that sucks idda liked to seen another mx-3 that wasnt all worn out down here :( i think i seen one of ur other posts and i meant to ask where in SC u were but i musta forgot or somethin ....oh and thanks again for the posts, i was hoping i wouldnt have to ditch my AC...even tho the car almost dies out when i turn it on :cry:
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

i can't remember the exact dimensions for the intercooler...it was made for an integra...i should go measure it one of these days because a lot of people ask me what size it is. if you are getting the MS front you have to hack away quite a bit of it to get the intercooler to fit...
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."

Return to “Forced Induction”