HELP!~Cheap exhaust mid-pipe in Vancouver?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
monkii

HELP!~Cheap exhaust mid-pipe in Vancouver?

Post by monkii »

First off, my ride is 94' MX-3 RS...
I got an A'PEXi N1(N/A version) but the pipe before it is all rusted up, and exhaust gas is leaking through some rusted hole between the pipe and the muffler...it happened before that the muffler actually disconnected from the pipe due to the heavy rust a year ago, and i think it's time for me to replace the pipe...and the sound of exhaust is getting uncomfortably loud, along with poorer performance and wasting gas(and $$ too)...

I went to a garage I usually visit, they quoted $198 for some kind of bolt-on replacement pipe exactly for my car. I wonder if anyone knows anywhere cheaper that can get the job done. The thing is, my N1 muffler isn't bolt-on, so having the $198 bolt-on is a bit expensive if I'll be cutting the end off to weld the N1 muffler on...(or am I wrong about this fact?)

Looking through other posts regarding pipe sizes, I am thinking about 2" pipe(i think the N1 has 2.36" inlet), however 1.75" is ok too if the price is good...hope someone is able to help me out here...best if the price includes labour cost, to get an idea how much total it'll be...

Thanks for any recommendations!!
Monkii<BR>1994 while MX-3 RS
Shades

Post by Shades »

Call a Budget Brake and Muffler shop... check their prices.
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

My Local muffler shop is building me a Downpipe for $75. My whol dp back to the muffler with a cheapo muffler is costing my $175. So I suggest checking your local shop too.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”