Meet-- Thursday June 2nd, 8pm

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
good_glory

Meet-- Thursday June 2nd, 8pm

Post by good_glory »

Hey theres been alot of talk about meet attendance/location so I thought I'd throw out a solid date for next week. An RSVP is appreciated!

Thursday, June 2nd - 8pm
Van Wagners Beachfront, Hamilton

From TO:
-QEW Niagara
-Exit Centennial Prky and Turn Left
-Turn Left onto North Service Rd and follow for approx one minute to the beach strip parking lot aka Hutchs

From Niagara:
-QEW Toronto
-Exit Centennial Prky and Turn Left onto North Service Rd
-Follow for approx one minute to the beach strip parking lot aka Hutchs

Post or PM me if you have any questions. Hope this works for everyone.
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

can you get me a map from yahoo or something? cause on my ontario map - centennial parkway doesn't even come close to the QEW?? ??
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
cdngrl420

Post by cdngrl420 »

are u sure ur not looking at highway 403? cuz the qew has an off ramp for centennial parkway i think centennial parkway is also called highway 20 if that helps, im happy i can actually make it for this meet!
good_glory

Post by good_glory »

Sorry guys this is the only way I know how to post a map/picture!! :D

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/722334/3

Hope this helps, any questions?
quicksliver

Post by quicksliver »

There is no way us guys from the Barrie area are going to drive to Hamilton. Not a chance.
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

hmmmm, drive 130km to the meet in hamilton (2hours). I get off work at 7pm...........

wouldn't get to the meet till 9pm.........
then have to drive another 130km home.........

Would love to go. But driving that far for a an hour to two hour long meet, is just not worth it for the durham region mx'ers.

If you made it on a sunday (say june 5th). I would love to drive down to Hamilton for a late lunch picnic sort of thing... then a show drive though hamilton or something ......... suppose to be a cool waterfall or something down there?
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

I usually take highway 20 to the hamilton airport. I don't mind going to hamilton for a meet, it would be alot of fun. I'm in, as long as the car doesn't break.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
RTT

Post by RTT »

im up for the meet!!!! and a drive through Hamilton might be questionnable...i kno i have driven those streets in the area around the beach before and i remember them being kinda trecherous...lots of potholes and uneven asphalt....but still up for it as long as i dont lose the front bumper to a pothole!!!!

im done work at 4 so should b no problem...i can probs go see my mechanic in stoney creek b4 the meet its only 5 mins from the meet spot.
good_glory

Post by good_glory »

i was down there a couple of days ago and from what i remember the roads were fine at Beachfront....but yeah, downtown hamilton is a no go cause most of the roads are horrific.

as for the the oshawa & barrie group etc... its unfortunate that every meet cant be close for everyone but we hope to get alot of the niagara/brantford area out for this one who normally wouldnt make their 2 hour drive to woodbridge every week. this is by no means a regular weekly meet or permanant location change, so if you'd still like to make it out we look forward to seeing you!

TyphoonK, if many people decide to come we should be there for awhile. hope you can make it.
Awhe

Post by Awhe »

I was down there about 2 weeks ago and the roads are fine.

I'm definitely gonna be there!!
punkindrublic

Post by punkindrublic »

this meet is perfect !!!!!!! i live right on the beach !!! 2min from my house !!!!!! hopefully we get a big turn out !!!!!! So count me in !!!!!!!!!!!!!
1995 MX-3 GS (black) stock engine... for now hehe...
MSfront... mssides... GS wing...
5" tach w/shift light... A/F, Volt, & Oil Pressure gauges in dash vents... front and rear strut braces....
WORK IN PROGRESS
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

hmmmm, drive 130km to the meet in hamilton (2hours)
Lol, I realize that it's 130kms either way, but 2 hours?? that means your driving 65km/h down the highway. :D It's still a long drive, and one i'd be hesitant to make, but i just found that amusing ;)
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

Flashpoint2 wrote: Lol, I realize that it's 130kms either way, but 2 hours?? that means your driving 65km/h down the highway. :D It's still a long drive, and one i'd be hesitant to make, but i just found that amusing ;)

He has to pass right through Toronto on his way out there. The highways of Toronto arent the quickest moving if you know what I mean. Depending on how many people are on the road at the time it may take 30-45 mins just to get from one side of the city to the other. Thats why it would take 2 hours for a 130 km drive
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

i'll go i guess
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Theres a good chance that i probably won't be doing anything that night, and if I'm not, ill be there...besides, it'll give me an excuse to go for a drive :D
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”