Emergency Brake Tweaking

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Gfresh

Emergency Brake Tweaking

Post by Gfresh »

Not sure where to post this but oh well...

Hey guys, I'm new to the MX-3 community, I just picked up my precidia yesterday, and I absolutley love it. I'm 16 years old and it is the greatest first car I could have asked for. Its a '94 GS with a manual transmission and sparkle green metallic in color. Everything runs great, but there are a few minor problems with it.

1. The hand/emergency brake is a little loose/worn out, so I took the center console thing off to tighten the nut, which worked good, but when I put it back on the top of the thread rubs on the rubber on the inside of the brake slot, and I don't want to wreck the rubber, what should I do?

2. There is a stabilizer or something on the rear driver's side of the car on the bottom that is undone, and I'm not sure what its for or how to fix it. I'll try to post a picture.

3. What the hell are the touch buttons on the doors for?

Any Help on these matters would be greatly appreciated!

Gfresh

P.S. I'm thrilled to be part of the community, and I have future plans such as.

-Seat Covers
-Interior accent paint on dashboard
-New Shift Knob + Pedals
-Gauges
-Civic Projectors
-New Tails, possibly Altezzas
-New Rims
-Painted Coils and Calipers
-Lower Car
-Cold Air Intake
-New Exhaust System
-Subwoofers + Amp
-Eventually a New Paint Job
Green Machine --1994 MX-3 GS 5-spd-- HEI Ignition Modded
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

1. just cut it off is all i can say

2. its probably a broken endlink on the stabalizer bar

3. they are static discharge buttons, you touch them and no more shock
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Post by MX-3.com »

Maybe you need new rear brakes?

Welcom to the community, I am sure you will enjoy every minute of it!
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)
Gfresh

Post by Gfresh »

That's what I was thinking papa roached.

I was thinking I could cut the top of the thread off and it wouldn't do any damage, and as for the touch button, that's what I thought it was for but I wasn't sure.

My brakes work excellent, it was just my parking brake, it wouldn't become tight until it was really close to the top when I pulled it up, so I tightned the nut in order to get more tension on my parking brake and it works good now, its just the lil threaded part is sticking up and I'm not sure if I should cut it or not.

As for the other part, I think it is a broken link on the stablizer bar, the same thing went on my mom's 93 626 awhile ago, and my neighbor said that a little rubber piece wore out and broke and separated the stabilizer thing. He said it just helped to hold the body of the car rigid when cornering, so I think I just need a new joint right?

Thanks again for the help.
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

awsome to here you finaly bought a car buddy, i'm still looking...and looking...and looking..and STILL LOOKING. Anyway, whats your email, and what school do you go to? Good to know about the ebrake i'll have to try that out on the corolla...yah tykrause@hotmail.com is mine so ya know
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Gfresh

Post by Gfresh »

Man that's awesome, another Saskatoonian who is into these cars!

Anyways my name's Travis, I'm 16, in grade 11 at Marion Graham Collegiate, I live in the north end I'm very happy with my car. I'd been looking for an MX-3 since January, and I was waiting till I found the perfect one. If you hold out long enough I'm sure you'll find one.

I love the 94 interior style a lot more than the 92s and 3s and the V6 was a must for me. The car was in excellent condition, but a lil pricey, but well worth the money. As for my ebrake, I just cut the thread off and screwed my glovebox center console thingy back in place. I also adjusted my clutch pedal a little bit too, because it seemed a little loose. I still have a little bit of cosmetic work to finish with my car, but it is fully driveable right now and I love it. I hope you can find one for yourself, but all I can say is keep searching man.

Good luck in your search, and I hope to see you around sometime.

Gfresh

p.s. My email is greschy22@hotmail.com

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”