PaintJob

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
Amma351

PaintJob

Post by Amma351 »

Hey guys

I own a 96 gs with black altezzas which are supposed to arrive any m inute now actually.
Unfourtunately I got some minor rust but before it spreads im gonna fix it and paint it afterwards.
Right now its black but since im painting it I wonna paint it some other color.
So my question is If you were re-painting your car which color would u choose?????

If you want u can attach pictures to show what u mean.....

The ones I got in mind are

1) Pearl White
2) Midnight Blue
3) candy apple red
4) pearl black
.:]{UBIS:.

Post by .:]{UBIS:. »

How exactly look candy apple red?

I would preffer pearl white.. in my town there is one A4 with pearl white and it looks great..
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Pearl White. I love the way an MX3 looks with that color.
neutral
Supporting Member

Re: PaintJob

Post by neutral »

Amma351 wrote:...Right now its black but since im painting it I wonna paint it some other color. So my question is If you were re-painting your car which color would u choose?????... The ones I got in mind are
1) Pearl White
2) Midnight Blue
3) candy apple red
4) pearl black
I probably wouldn't stray too far from the original color so, from the list, recommend pearl blk. That is, unless you're prepared to pay extra $$ for the repaint job to include engine bay, door and hatch jambs + inside-facing surfaces of the doors and hatch. My MX is orig. Mazda chaste white. Thinking about a paint job next spring with either OE paint or a slight metal flake added, but still keeping it white. :shrug:
Image -Jim
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

neutral wrote:
Amma351 wrote:...Right now its black but since im painting it I wonna paint it some other color. So my question is If you were re-painting your car which color would u choose?????... The ones I got in mind are
1) Pearl White
2) Midnight Blue
3) candy apple red
4) pearl black
I probably wouldn't stray too far from the original color so, from the list, recommend pearl blk. That is, unless you're prepared to pay extra $$ for the repaint job to include engine bay, door and hatch jambs + inside-facing surfaces of the doors and hatch. My MX is orig. Mazda chaste white. Thinking about a paint job next spring with either OE paint or a slight metal flake added, but still keeping it white. :shrug:
Ditto! :D
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

yea.. i got a black gs thats got bad paint. I cant make up my mind if I wanna keep it black or get a white with blue pearl in it....white is much easier to maintain, cant notice scratches... but much harder to paint
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

yah isn't it like avergae or 3 grand for a complete re paint with like..door jams, engine bay so on and so forth ?
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
1992mx3

Post by 1992mx3 »

have you seen "pearl blue", man I love that color. It is the color I am going to airbrush my designes on my car with. It is also the color I used for my dash parts, you can look on my cardomain site...
1992 MX-3 GS in work.
2006 speed6, Wife say's i can't work on it.
2004 GSX-R 1000 Mat Mladin Replica
2006 toyota tacoma
1995 MX-6 in pieces almost ready for the junk yard, To much body damage.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

all black mx3 looks awesome leave it that color
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Trevor

Post by Trevor »

Don't do pearl white! I'm doing pearl white it should be done in a week and a half
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Midnight blue + gunmetal rims + altezzas + 2001-2003 Civic Projector Headlight Conversion + Mazdaspeed bodykit = awesome looking car.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

Just curious but, this is your car. Pick the color you think is hot, not the one I think is :wink:
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

93SOHC wrote:
neutral wrote:
1) Pearl White
2) Midnight Blue
3) candy apple red
4) pearl black
Ditto! :D
Done a year and a half ago...original "UF" white. If I had to do it all over again, I'd add a little pearl/metalflake twist to the original colour, thus eliminating the potential unsightly gawdiness of off colour engine bays, jams, hatches etc, etc, etc.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
BobyYoo

Post by BobyYoo »

pearl white is nice
Blotto

Post by Blotto »

Yea, stick with your instincts. If you are going to pull your motor out and every panel off the car then yea, change it to any color you want.

Personally I LOVE black and I would keep it that. Only problem for me though is that it gets dirty as soon as I move the car. I'm in the process of prepping mine now to get painted. Doing all the work myself and just have to pay for the cost of materials to get it painted. I'm going to stay with the black color also. Can't wait to see how beautiful it is after I get the new rims on and wet sand and buff the whole car.

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”