CF hood, what pins?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
DJester187

CF hood, what pins?

Post by DJester187 »

Right now i'm just using the dinky cotter pin type hood pins and they are getting very rusty and unsightly, plus they are not very easy to use, meaning they are a pain to wiggle free and what not. Does anyone have any insight as to which kind would be the best to use. I was thinking on useing the kind with the key that's on ebay but it says (must use with factory hood latch) and it thats the case what's the point,. any ideas?
Electric Black '93 MX-3 GSR, Curved neck KLZE, KL36 ecu, Outlaw Engineering Thermal Spacers, Custom CAI, Carbon Fiber Invader Style hood, 2.25" straight pipe exhaust, custom muffler, lowered 1.8", and a set of 17" Exel DL-46's. With more to come once I get some $$$....
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

you can buy this style
or you can buy those locking ones, I wanted locking ones but afraid that stud might be too short to mount them. Mx-3 hood is sloped too and those locking ones would be hard to adapt to sloped hood, youd have to mount them to core support 90 degrees vertical.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Absath

Post by Absath »

I haven't installed my CF hood yet, but I have a set of those hood pins, and a set of the locking hood pins. I think I'm going to install the locking ones. Josh has them on his CF hood, and he says they work great:

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... 15&start=0

-Tim
Don't park drunk, accidents cause people.

92 Blaze Red MX-3 GS, KL-ZE, ACT Clutch, KL 36 ECU, SS Clutch Line
sweetmx3

Post by sweetmx3 »

i have locking hood locks that u use a key to lock them i can send a pic on msn if u want add me to your list biglou10@hotmail.com.
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

I use a flush mount locking set from AeroSpeed that I like alot. The surround is silver CF and the fitment was alittle harder than the ring type, but worth the extra time.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I havent installed pins o.0 the hood doesnt really move at high speeds. Ill be getting them soon but well this hood hasnt had pins for over a year. Once i drove with the hood latch open (not fully open but the secod stage) and nothing happened...altough alot ofm water did get into my intake :( works fine now lol. still Ill be getting pins someday.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
DJester187

Post by DJester187 »

ok well swapped over to the pins pictured above and they look much better but it worries me that they are only held on my a sticky tape.... also just wondering do the locking ones cover a decent area on the top part of the hood, after removing the onld cotter pin style ones i have holes in my hood where the screws were bolting the metal piece, and just wanted to know if the locking ones would cover them....
Electric Black '93 MX-3 GSR, Curved neck KLZE, KL36 ecu, Outlaw Engineering Thermal Spacers, Custom CAI, Carbon Fiber Invader Style hood, 2.25" straight pipe exhaust, custom muffler, lowered 1.8", and a set of 17" Exel DL-46's. With more to come once I get some $$$....
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

Probably so, I'd post pics, but the MOCA website is temp. down.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “Appearance”