BP Oil Fittings

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Domnknpimp

BP Oil Fittings

Post by Domnknpimp »

Ok, I have a BP which I am turboing very very soon (as soon as i can get all this information). I dont like to leave my car undriveable for too long, so I would like to get everything ready before hand, so when something comes up (something always comes up) it wont delay me TOO much. I'm hoping someone can tell me what size fittings to use on the oil pressure line (the one that is pluged on the BP block) so i can use that oil feed and not have to get oil from the back of the engine (OPS). Thanks a lot.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

I have an extra oil feed line for a VJ20. Also extra coolant fittings for the VJ-20 and thats about all I have left for extra parts.
Domnknpimp

Post by Domnknpimp »

well i have new lines, but i COULD use the lines to at least find out the thread size .....
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Ya I have no qlue on what thread pitch they are or anything.
Marlon

Post by Marlon »

i think the oil line is 10mm x 1.5
look on miata.net
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

I know the B6T uses 10mm x 1.5 thread pitch on the block which is tapped straight into a main oil galley.

We are planning on installing a 16G turbo w/ a custom short runner turbo manifold (we are making, almost done) on the BP powered MX-3. Flying Miata sells the 10mm x 1.5 to -4AN adapters for like $7 and you'll need at least one copper crush washer for it as well. I'll post some pics with thread pitch info of the BP turbo setup hopefully next week.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

The B6T and BPT have the same thread pitch on both of the factory tapped oil and water connections on the the front right hand side of the block (oil is the smaller plug closest to the tranny). We've got the turbo manifold almost done, while Timmy was working on it I was pulling my extra B6T oil and water adapters and putting them into the BP block. I'm not sure what the tread pitch is on the water connector is but I'll try and get it this weekend.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
Domnknpimp

Post by Domnknpimp »

thanks a lot ... thats what i needed to know. I work at Advance Auto Parts, you'd be surprised how many fittings and adaptors you could find there..... basically half of my turbo kit is comeing from work :-) i'm not putting any coolant lines to my turbo so i wont need the size of that plug. Thanks again

Return to “Forced Induction”