Buy a fire extinguisher and put it in your car!

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
Franko
Supporting Member

Buy a fire extinguisher and put it in your car!

Post by Franko »

I saw this earlier and had to share it.. You people with heavy modifications and changes to the wiring and stuff watch this carefully. This guy had a standalone engine management system and was running over 300 hp.
This vid scared me enough to buy an extinguisher for my car!

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=SRgtiFIRE
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

he also could have been a tard when he ran his wires too
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

A battery isolator looks like it would have saved that car. It took a fair bit of time to get going...
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
sweetmx3

Post by sweetmx3 »

I seen this on mx6.com and it seems they did it on purpose they didn't even seem upset ot try and put it out themselves.
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

Seems a little strange, they filmed it the seccond it started. And they didnt do anything at all to stop it.

But still dam waste of a car, I carry one in my car always, because you never klnow whats gona happen. to you or any one else that may have a problem.

One time on a really hot summer when I was very young, I saw a little crapy old car set alight in a traffic jam (presume the engine over heated). It was scairy as no one had any where to go to get away from it. People eventually manged to edge away from the car to a safe distance. But hardly any one carries a fire extinguisher, so all we could do was watch. Some stupid guy threw a bottle of water on it, but thats just dum. A few minutes later a lorry driver going past on the other side of the road stopped, ran over with his extinguisher, managed to put it out, but the car was trashed.
Ever since then my father has always carried one, and so will I.
MaX-3

Post by MaX-3 »

it must be really terrible to watch your car burning like a dry christmastree... :x

for that kind of situation i got a little fireextinguisher in my mx, just to feel a litte safer :)

you can see it on the right side of my dashboard, the litte red bottle.

http://www.mx-3-community.de/jgs_galeri ... e=jpg&sid=
Greetz MaX-3
visit the german http://www.mx-3-community.de
and yes, my stickers improve performence! ;)
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

Seems to me that they actually had an extinguisher...

You could probably have used a sweater and stopped that fire....

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

that SUX!
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Agreed.. they let that car burn.. its not like they were in the middle of nowhere when that happened.. that fire took so long to really get going they could have run to one of the nearby businesses grabbed a fire extinguisher and put out the fire long before the fire engine showed. And did you notice how long it took the fire department to actually hose it down? Check it out.. By the time I saw them after having first seen the fire truck drive by.. I was beginning to think that fire truck hadnt even stopped at their car. I hope they were smart enough not to show that video to their insurance company.. or that their insurance company has stupid people checking that stuff out.. Hell if they had just closed their car doors after getting out of the car the fire probably would have starved for oxygen and gone out on its own. Oh well.. at least its one less VW on the road ;)

Tunes67
Last edited by Tunes67 on May 23rd, 2005, 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

ya you could see the fire extinguisher in his hand in one of the parts of the movie, i dont know if he used it or not. i hope they didnt mean to do that, what a waste.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

yah he held the fire extinguasher right there and then didnt' do anything...looked like he was pulling it or something.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

those little fire extinguishers do nothing but put out a match. If he had a real extinguisher he could have put it out
barbarino69

Post by barbarino69 »

I see hondas and toyotas with those little extinguishers mounted near the window. They dont do anything. I agree though, if they had a REAL fire extinguisher that could have been put out. I think I will carry one when Im done with my car. All the sweat, blood, and effort im pouring into this car, I wouldnt want a freak accident taking it all away. Thats gotta suck watching your car burn infront of you. I would have risked my life putting it out.

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”