Throttle body swap linkage question

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jamarquardt22

Throttle body swap linkage question

Post by jamarquardt22 »

Ive got a millenia IM and TB I used on my old mx6 before my wife totaled it. :cry: but i wanted to put it on my wifes mx3. One prob. the linkage on the TB is different theres a cable that goes to the Auto tranny. and i dont see a way to hook it up. So what is the secret? anyone got any pics? do I need that cable?

Thanks, Andy
Stock 93 GS SE v6 Automatic
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

does your wife have an auto? Was the TB for an auto to begin with? You could also consider using the MXs cable hook. It comes right off if you remove the nut on the end of the linkage.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
jamarquardt22

Post by jamarquardt22 »

yes. the mx3 is auto(notice signature) and all Millenias were auto, to my understanding. i guess im going to have to take some pics. as the TB's are different. No its not as easy as swaping over the cable hook. that was the first thing i looked at. guess im going to have to fabricate something and weld if noone has a better way.
Stock 93 GS SE v6 Automatic

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”