new cv joint bad?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
mxmaz

new cv joint bad?

Post by mxmaz »

Just had my suspension thoroughly looked over today. All it need was the 2 front cv joints replaced and inner rear sway bar bushings. I had the 2 cv joints done and now the driver side one is making this grinding sound while accelerating on left turns. I can feel the vibration on my left foot as well. With nothing else wrong with the suspension the joint has to be defective. I remember a while back a guy had kind of the same problem as me with his new cv joint but i cant find the thread any more. I think they gave him the wrong joint (it was a bit to long or something?). Can anybody remember this or have any idea why a new cv would be doing this? There is no problems with the passanger side one at all.
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

If you got the cv from any of the discount auto places there is a good chance it will be bad right out of the box. They regrind them and use the cheapest possible parts available. I've never had one last more than 10,000 miles.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Its a remanufactured one from carquest and has a lifetime warranty. I mostly get it during hard left turns. It is like a stuttering sound/feeling right under my left foot. Would this be cause by a faulty axle? Anything else it could be?
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

mxmaz wrote:I mostly get it during hard left turns. It is like a stuttering sound/feeling right under my left foot. Would this be cause by a faulty axle? Anything else it could be?
I noticed my driver side wheel bearing is doing some humming, could that be what is causing this problem on hard left turns? anybody?

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”