Window Switch?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
solo_ryder

Window Switch?

Post by solo_ryder »

Hi, I have a small problem with my window, I know its proly a switch but just making sure. The passenger window doesnt roll up or down when you use the passenger switch...but it works when you use the switch ont he drivers side...any ideas?

Also, how do you get that damn door off ont he passenger side?!? there some little bolt holding on in the middle but i cant seem to get anything in there to get it off!
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I didn't have any trouble with the door. Pretty standard. Screws holding the speaker in. Screws and compression clips around the perimeter . One screw under the felt in the door pull

................... if memory serves. I know there was nothing tricky, though.
Bradmx32003

Post by Bradmx32003 »

I have the same exact problem, passenger side works if controlled from the drivers side.. but not from the passenger side..
Red 1992 Mx-3 GS, all stock.
Legato626

switch died...

Post by Legato626 »

Your switch died for the passenger side. at the moment i am after a driver side switch becuase i cant roll up my drive side window but i can roll it down.
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
Legato626

switch

Post by Legato626 »

well at this moment i am bidding on a new driver and passanger switch. and if you want i can sell you the passanger switch becuase i dont need it.
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

make sure that the switch that lets the passenger side be ablle to work in the first place is switched over...if not...the passenger side is never gonna work : )

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
kaalman

Post by kaalman »

on the left side (drivers side) under the power window switches for the left and the right side, there is another switch (mine says "POWER" with on and off). if this is to off, the passenger side window does not go down with the passengers side switch... but it does with the drivers side switch

another thing you could do is, what I've done, since my window would go down, but not up again... had to drive about 5 miles on an cold fall evening with my window down.. brrr.....
I disassembled the switch (caution-lots of small parts, springs, metall balls....) cleaned it with a brake-cleaner, cleaned hard dirt with very fine emery paper , applied some new grease, and assembled the whole stuff... and now it works pretty fine for 3 months...

hope this helps :)
Greetz!
KAALman

Post by mx3-92 »

I had the same problem..I just took that bad boy apart then cleaned it. Same with drivers side.. some reason windows wouldnt go up or down so i took it apart then i i still cudnt fix it, so i used to springs to roll up my window... :x
92-mx3
georgechicken

Post by georgechicken »

We had this topic come up recently in the Email list... I have the same issue with my car, but it's not really anything not doing what it's told... I'd be willing to bet that a good handful of folks with this problem has a car that did not originally (brand new) have the 'auto-down' feature on the driver side switch, like mine, and has since had the driver switch replaced with one that has the 'auto-down' feature. I've had this happen with 3 of my 7 mx-3's, including the current. As soon as I can get a bit of free time, I intend to track down wiring schematics for both switches, and both cars' power window circuits, and see what it will take to make this issue go away. If anyone out there has the wiring schematics for the power window circuit, then either post a link here or email me at georgechicken@yahoo.com so that i can make an easy fix for us with this problem.. thanks!

Daniel
--Maybe the Hippopotamus was just a really cool Apotamus.--
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

I had this same problem with my window but it wasn't the passanger switch it was the driver and about 99% of the failures are in the driver switch I have a passanger switch I can sell you but make sure its what you need first cuz I don't want to sell you something you don't need.
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

Is there no place that could fix them? Every body just gets a new one. I have two, one that I am useing and the other that works half. After a while it's going to be hard to find a working one.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”