$3000 and big dreams

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Vanished

$3000 and big dreams

Post by Vanished »

Ok well my car obsession really started rolling when I got Need for Speed Underground when it first came out. Before that I was alwasy interested in cars, but knew nothing about them. So i got into it more and more. I started looking around on the net for stuff about em, read some books, tv and such. I got my learners liscence and I was hooked. I've always liked mx's, and i found this site and good hooked on mx-3's as well. Now i'm getting my liscence may 10th (lets hope) and I just figured out that i have 3000 to spend. A shock, just a bit. But now dreams are comming true. I'm obviousely going to buy an mx-3 because i've been on this board learning about them left and right for almsot a year now. Now heres the plan, and i'm not sure if this is possible or not, but give me some sugestions.
I've been looking at prices and I'm thinking that an mx-3 with 250 grand plus km on it can sell at about 1000, mabe 2000. Now if i can get my hands on an mx-3 that has been fairly well maintaines for 1000, i'll have 2000 left. Now, if it has high K/M, the engine might be in not so prime condition. If i have 2000, i should be able to swap the engine correct? engines are 1600 from corksport...anyother cheaper prices? Anyway, i'd be able to get a new trans, and clutch as well with the remaining coin, and I also have made some by the end of summer (form working). Now is this relaistic? If you have anyother suggestions please tell
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
mx3tuner

Post by mx3tuner »

I am also only 16 and trying to swap engines too....However i dont have 3000$ ....yet....but from what i've gathered, anywhere that you can go and actually look at the engine is the place to go...that way you know exactly what you are buying...if you cant find a place near you (which it seems like most of the engine sellers are in canada) noyanusa...seems to be the top choice....i think the ze runs at about 800$ and then shipping to your area....trannys...will prolly cost about 500-800$ i would say depending on if you just get another mx-3 tranny or a mx-6 one(the mx-6 has a longer final gear) but im not certain about those prices...havent looked into it that much....but yes with 3000$ you should easily be able to find a mx3 for about 1000$, the swap for about 1000$ depending on where you go and then have about 1000$ left for clutch and tranny and some other goodies....good luck man
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

sweet man thanks for the heads up, were you from? I've been looking on google for JDM engines in canada for a couple of ours and i notice noyanusa, but i'm concerned that because it's so cheap, it might be a rip off. I'm leaning toward J-Spec auto, but they don't know how many KM's are on they're engines. Anyone else got ideas?

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Noyan is a good place to buy, but the import fees would be way to much. Buy from a place in Canada. Ebay is also a good place to look cause you get the read the sellers feedback which is something you cant do buying off some website. Do no buy from Osaka.
mx3tuner

Post by mx3tuner »

i live in hagerstown, MD...so noyan isnt too far away in virginia so i can drive there and actually look at the engine..which will help me decide if it is a rip off or not...as far as J-spec auto or anywhere i havent really heard much about specific places...just that where ever you can actually go look at it is the best...so if you live near J-spec auto..go check the place out and ask if you can look at one of the engines if they have it in stock...also ask about warantys and how many miles thier engines have....if nobody there knows anything about it then you might want to consider somewhere else...but it really come down to how the engine looks , its overall condition and if you can take it back or if they will replace it if it is a dud...
MX3newbie77
Supporting Member

Post by MX3newbie77 »

Hey, I'm 17 and live in Eldersburg/Sykesville MD. I bought my engine for $800 from Gro Harlem. I was looking at a KL-ZE from a company called Complete Customs, and a lot of things kept coming up so I couldn't pick up the engine. Then someone bought it out from under me. (I'm pretty sure it was Gro) They were only going to charge $800, but thier business practices sucked, so I don't recommend buying from them. :roll: I would go with Noyan.

Also make sure you do the swap right the first time. Replace the clutch, get the flywheel resurfaced, new gaskets, etc...

And make sure you run the KL-31/36 ECU. I've been in a Probe before and after, and you'll definetly regret not getting it sooner if you don't do it with the swap.

Thats pretty much all of my rant except if you need any help with anything, then hit me up with a PM or e-mail: Hondo701@Adelphia.net

P.S.- Go here for pics of the engine... http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=40058
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

thanks guys you've helped alot. I'll check out the importing fees on nayanusa, but I'm waiting for WSSL to email me back about prices. First i need to get the car! But yah, so wheni do the swap i'm gonna do intake exaust engine (of course) clutch tranny, cluch line, gaskets if they're in bad shape spark plugs ecu, thats about it. Anything I should add to do right off the bat? Or does that about sum it up

Edit

just looked on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... ename=WDVW
these guys sound pretty reputable...i'm interested, good pirce too

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

cptnemo

Post by cptnemo »

I dont know about Saskatchewan, but in Alberta mx-3's still sell for between $3500 and $8000 depending on the year and condition. I would think Saskatchewan would have even less of them floating around. You could end up lucky, but I'd start checking the classifieds, autotrader and the bargainfinder weekly to find a good deal.
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Aight thanks...

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”