KLZE PROBLEMS

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
kp2t

KLZE PROBLEMS

Post by kp2t »

Why does my car burn so much gas?????? Plugs changed, Engine flush, No Codes... O2 Sensor maybe?
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

could be alot of things and we need alot more info to be able to help you.
1. when you put the ZE in did you check timing
2. di you check the TPS setting
3. did you do a timing belt with the swap
4. so you changed plugs, did you change the wires, disty rotor and cap
5. when was your last fuel system flush
6. when did you last clean your intake manifold and TB (inside with intake cleaner)
7. how many miles do you get on a tank of gas (fill it up, set the trip meter, run untill it is low, then fill up again and write down how many gallons you put in, then subtract the number of gallons put in from 12, this is the number of gallons you had left in the tank, take that number and subtract from 12 to get the number of gallons used in while driving the number of miles on the trip meter, divide by the number of miles you ran untill the second fill-up by the number of gallons used. this will tell us how many miles you are getting per tank
Then we can help some
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

bought the car wid the ZE in it?

I dont know much bout it actually,

Could the clutch be a factor? its a protege5 clutch....
I know it burns extra gas cuz I can smell it... but I am not sure where its coming from....

im a bit confused with ur calculations, never was good with math
we use the metric system so i am not sure how to calculate it...

303KM with 30.456L meaning 19.244L were left in the tank
HELP PLEASE I AM LOST!!! LOL
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

303 KM would be about 188 Miles.. and that does seem on the low end for certain if thats from a full tank to empty.. There are a number of things that can cause you to be running rich and burning extra fuel. In addition to what Pat suggested.. I would also check your cooling system temperature sensors. Also.. this topic has been covered a LOT so you will also find a lot of information by using the search function. Best of luck.

Tunes67
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

kp2t wrote:bought the car wid the ZE in it?
I dont know much bout it actually,
Could the clutch be a factor? its a protege5 clutch....
I know it burns extra gas cuz I can smell it... but I am not sure where its coming from....
im a bit confused with ur calculations, never was good with math
we use the metric system so i am not sure how to calculate it...
303KM with 30.456L meaning 19.244L were left in the tank
HELP PLEASE I AM LOST!!! LOL
Since a lot of this appears to be quite foriegn to you and you have issues with the ZE and it also appears that the previous owner has left you in the lurch. Your best solution for now and in the future since you now have a non-stock MX is to spend literally days upon days on the search function of this BB. Your knowledge of the history of the ZE is limited and that is something beyond your's and our control. This research will probably solve a good numberl of your questions and possibly some of the engine problems. At the very least this new found knowledge will be an added asset to better describing to us the specifics surrounding a particular problem. Knowledge is power. The other option is to find a willing and knowledgable mechanic that will take this on, of course this can get costly. READ - READ - READ
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”