small interior how tall are u!?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

The smallest car I was in was my Triumph Spitfire .. I fit fine in it and in the MX ... I fit great ... well I'm only 5 ft. tall ... LOL
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

lol I'm about 5' 7" or 8 or something ...small in other words lol, but yeah.. I love my MX-3 LOL no issues with head-room!
1997, Silver, V6
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

6'4" and its ok. My legs are the main problem as they hit the dash & stereing wheel if I move the seat anywhere besides "all-the-way-back"

BTW: i got a 323 too and it has more head room. The mx3 roof is at least 2" lower than the protege & 323, hence why its seats & dash are mounted lower.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

I'm 5'8 220 lbs. Not problems at all except when someone is in the passenger seat and try to use MY center console as their arm rest. Dosent happen that is where my arm goes.
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

mazdubber wrote:However, when I put my helmet on and adjust the seat to 'racing' position, it's pretty damn close to the roof.
Helmet might sit lower without the mullet...LOL :laugh:

5'8" and I'm quite comfortable most of the time. I think because the seat cushions are getting a little tired, that and I like to have a little extra cushion added for longer trips. But sitting position is great. More space than was in my 69 MG Midget.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
snellgrove

Post by snellgrove »

yeah, have to say the MX-3 has an amazing driving position..

hmmmmmmmm washed mine earlier.. feeling the urge to take it out for some 'exercise' :D
1997, Silver, V6
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

6'3" I never had any problems fitting in my old mx
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

jschrauwen wrote:
mazdubber wrote:However, when I put my helmet on and adjust the seat to 'racing' position, it's pretty damn close to the roof.
Helmet might sit lower without the mullet...LOL :laugh:

5'8" and I'm quite comfortable most of the time. I think because the seat cushions are getting a little tired, that and I like to have a little extra cushion added for longer trips. But sitting position is great. More space than was in my 69 MG Midget.
Bahaha...I WISH I had the patience to grow a mullet! I just keep shaving it off. :P
92 GS
'Stock'... :twisted:
ratkon

Post by ratkon »

Tunes67 wrote:I am 5'9" and for my height there is no issue with getting in or being comfortable in my MX-3.. now if I could just get my gut to be a midget.. all would be right with the universe ;)

Tunes67
I have the same prob as Tunes,it must be a old guy thing :D
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

jschrauwen wrote:5'8" and I'm quite comfortable most of the time. I think because the seat cushions are getting a little tired, that and I like to have a little extra cushion added for longer trips. But sitting position is great. More space than was in my 69 MG Midget.
5'9" & the MX-3 is good fit. 1st ride was a 69 MGB roadster. That car fit perfect too but I was a skinny guy then. Classmate had a Midget & not sure a Midget would hold my arse comfortably today. :oops: MX probably is better at accomodating my "average grown up" size now. :D
Image -Jim
neumann

Headroom

Post by neumann »

This is an old thread but I found it because I was looking for answers, as to whether there was any way of lowering the seats on my MX-3.

I am 6 feet tall and have trouble with headroom in many cars. The issue is that I really have the torso of someone 6' 3" on the legs of someone 5' 9"

I have to recline the seatback two positions to avoid my head rubbing. I like an upright driving position so this is not my preference. I always like to sit in the "Italian" driving position with back upright, arms almost fully outstretched and legs bent.

The car is still new to me and I am still balancing the factors of headroom, seat back angle, distance from steering wheel, distance from pedals and distance from the gear shifter to try and get the right mix.

Am interested in others' experiences.
My Summer car is a Porsche.
My Winter car is a 1994 Mazda MX-3 GS. 1.8L V6, K&N intake, Pacesetter Short Shift, Corksports SS Clutch line, Suspension Techniques lowered, Toyo Garit HTs for Winter Grip.
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

6'4 and find it nice and comfy. my brothers sunfire i feel more cramped in then the mx3. seat all the way back and reclined a tad and im good for pimpin dem hoes...
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

yah its rather awkward for me cuz i have small legs and so i gotta be up close and then i like to have the seat pretty upright so i feel nice and tight in my seat so i can reach the shifter so i have like no headroom lol

u'll get used to it
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

hahah yeah i'm 6' 3"...and i'm only 16.5 years old. ouch hey? The room in the front for me is good acculy, but the back..welll..thats a different story.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Drewation

Post by Drewation »

Vanished wrote:hahah yeah i'm 6' 3"...and i'm only 16.5 years old. ouch hey? The room in the front for me is good acculy, but the back..welll..thats a different story.
ya and im 6' 4" 1/2 and im only 16 lol i find those little shitty hatchbakcs they made like the firefly of that chevy one those i have to duck in lol
*new* 1995 Blaze Red MX-3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/drewationmx3

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”