Serious Issue?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
TrickMX-3

Serious Issue?

Post by TrickMX-3 »

I dont know for sure if its ok for my car to do this but im checking anyway. Well when i have my car sitting in neutral and i pump my brakes the faster i pump the higher my car begins to idle. It doesnt exceed 2000rpms but it goes up 500 rpms and im afraid it might cause problems down the road. Does anyone have any feedback for me id really appreciate it alot. Thanks

Jon
sweetmx3

Post by sweetmx3 »

it is funny my car used to do the opposite when i was at the light it would begin to lower the rpms not sure what the problem would be there. Maybe r u mistakenly pushing the gas at the same time and not knowing u r especially like myself i have big feet.
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

I think the car does that to ensure the car doesn't die while idleing. Using the brake, a/c, turning the wheel with power steering, running high end electronics and taxing the alternator all require horsepower. Your idle controller will raise the idle to help these acessories work to their best.

I saw on a Toyota 4x4 forum (the rock crawler in me still) where guys were wiring their idle controllers to a seperate switch. When they wanted a nice high idle for crawling they would just flip this switch and not worry about the gas petal so much. I have wondered if this mod would help to bring more air into the engine under WOT and might be a way to get a slight gain for cheap. Any thoughts?
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
mx3hobbyist

Re: Serious Issue?

Post by mx3hobbyist »

it's suppose to do it, don't worry, and it won't affect at the top end.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”