problem...

Off-Topic Discussions
93SOHC

problem...

Post by 93SOHC »

I live in a fairly small town. Sadly there are very few nicely modded cars in the area, yet hundreds of ricers. There is a gentleman in my neighborhood who is constantly following me and revving on me in a 1st gen eclipse. I do not street race, as I have been arrested for wreckless driving before. Though I think I could give him a run for his money, I do not wish to break the law. I have attempted to get him to pull over, to exchange friendly words, yet he always just revs up his coffee can and peels out with his stock spray can blue rims. What would be a polite and lawful way to resolve this problem. It is quite irritating to have a beat up eclipse following me around town tailgating and revving all the way. I would love to get a hold of him some how and say, "meet me at the track" but somehow with the 'ricer mentality' he has shown thus far, I doubt that'll ever happen.
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

Get beside him at a red light. Roll your window down. Tell him it is on like donkey kong when the light turns green. Rev the piss out of you car. As soon as the light turns green take off for like 5 feet then just stop and turn into some parking lot. I love to do that to ricers with POS's. Funny as hell!
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Though that might be mildly entertaining, I am looking to end this problem for good. What sparked this post was today I was out w/ my fiance looking at a few apartments and he was behind me. She was like wtf is this a-hole doing. I don't need that crap!
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

If it happens as often as you say then the only advise would be either give him what he wants or ignore it until he gets bored. But to me it sounds like he is pretty persistant.
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

this has bveen going on for at least 4 months...
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Do you know where he lives? If so.. pay him a visit. Heh.. if he lives with his parents.. it wont be hard to solve the problem at all, assuming his parents are decent people. If he doesnt live with his parents.. Tell him politely that you dont appreciate his behavior and that if he continues you will report him to the police for vehicular harrassment. (I dont know if thats a real crime or not but it sounds official enough that he might fall for it LOL) Anyway.. there are a couple of options.. maybe call the police and give them his license plate and report his behavior.

Tunes67
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

As an absolute last resort, you could always kill him but... that just changes the nature of your problem... so... don't kill him. Talk to him instead.
Image -Jim
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

neutral wrote:As an absolute last resort, you could always kill him but... that just changes the nature of your problem... so... don't kill him. Talk to him instead.
ahahahahahaha oh lord that made my day :lol:
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

set him up so cop pulls him over I guarantee he'll stop afterwards
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

mitmaks wrote:set him up so cop pulls him over I guarantee he'll stop afterwards
Thats sort of what i was hinting at earlier. Cause i did that to someone with a cop 3 cars back and he didnt see him so yeah he got pulled over. LOL!
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
bushidosword

Post by bushidosword »

Hmmm you guys are on to something....I think what is needed here is a combination of ideas...Pull him up to a stop light and rever right up, take off a bit just to keep him intrested, get him to follow you down some side steet and then "race" him to the police station! Oh, of course then you have to kill him :wink: GoodLuck!

I had a cavalier do this to me, and my gf, and he was right dangerous about it, as it turned out my gf knew that the guy lived near by with his grandparents LMAO so i pulled in to his driveway and face the car to the street.. That poor bugger drove up and down the street for like 15 min pretending like he didnt live there before he took off!
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

bushidosword wrote:I had a cavalier do this to me, and my gf, and he was right dangerous about it, as it turned out my gf knew that the guy lived near by with his grandparents LMAO so i pulled in to his driveway and face the car to the street.. That poor bugger drove up and down the street for like 15 min pretending like he didnt live there before he took off!
Now that sounds like a good idea.
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
Chronicle-Rod

Post by Chronicle-Rod »

The next time he's doing it, just stick a big "#&@# OFF!" sign out of the window.

Or stop and get out of the car. Go back and tell him to knock it off, and that a coffee can exhaust doesn't make his car "custom".
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

just carry a bat....

at a red light get out and start swinging
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Is it really that hard to just tell him "hey, I dont street race"
btw,
I look at your mods
93 SOHC 1.6L Ebay intake, shortshifter, black altezza's, sony head unit w/animation, power acoustic 12" sub, boss 1400watt amp bridged to 1 channel, 4gauge monster cables, fosgate 1 farad capacitor, 4 pioneer 6 1/2's (will be redone again this spring) Ton's of mods to come including bp swap, all in spring and summ

You will never beat him unless you do the BP Swap
Also, do you have anything else like a bodykit or muffler on your car? Could be a reason why he wants to race you so bad
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap

Return to “Off-Topic”