CEL - knock sensor

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
xerostatus

CEL - knock sensor

Post by xerostatus »

... new episode of twilight zone, the Mystery of the Self-Consuming MX-3! lol

But seriously, today after i played around with my car, trying (unsuccessfully) to remove my headlights (something is awry behind the fender, most likely because of a minor accident i was involved in) Out of nowhere i get a CEL. The car was in immaculate shape before today and it happened DIRECTLY after. If i wanted a car that throws out CEL when you play with the headlights, i woulda bought a british car! *rimshot*

but REALLY seriously, i pulled codes and it's something to do with knock sensor. I dont know the cause of the problem, but what are some of the issues that deal with the knock sensor? any things i should keep an eye out for? should i just replace the knock sensor? how should i go about trying to get rid of the CEL? perhaps its a wiring mishap?

Any ideas would help ^^

P.S. sincere apologies for the lame jokes, i suppose im in a joking mood after spending a day with my car trying to (literally) pry out my headlights.
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

Have a look at my web site below and go to info. There's a file called "CEL Codes Complete 6 cyl pdf file" that should help.

Follow the instructions there to clear the CEL and see if the fault comes back. (Disconnect battery - foot on brake pedal for 10 seconds - reconnect battery.) Good luck with it.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”