Tearing dash apart...and find drugs?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Chronicle-Rod

Tearing dash apart...and find drugs?

Post by Chronicle-Rod »

While taking apart the lower section of the dash, I came across a very unexpected surprise. Two sandwich-sized bags of pot. The stuff is just about dust, so it's been in there for quite a while - definitely far longer than I've had the car.

What's the weirdest thing you've found in your car?

A question as well - if I paint some parts of the dash, will the clear coat make it glossy? Tough to tell in pictures I've seen posted from interior painters.
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Damn, nuthin yet here! but after reading your post, I should have my entire dash disassembled in a nuther couple hours so will letcha know. Gotta run & get busy on that task now. Thanks for the tip! :pimp: :wink:
Image -Jim
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

when i disassembled my dash in the summer i found a cuban cigar, wrapped and everything lol.(also explained why my car smelled soo bad lol)
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

I've found tons of stuff while taking apart interiors. Wierdest was 2 weeks ago when taking out the back seat of my buddies Subbie to run wires to the trunk we found an old marijuana pipe. He's on probation. so we were glad we found it and disposed of it, cause if he would have been pulled over and they found that thing...Back to jail! So far in my mx ive found some interesting items: A badly decayed cheese burger and fries in the spare tire well, packing peanuts, aviator sunglasses, $.13, and a recipt from 1994 all under the center console. Also found some pretty old cig. packs under the seats. Not to much disassembled yet though!
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

found weed in mx-3? interesting, mine been driven by some chick so nothing ive found strange ( a pair of panties or even bra would work :P )
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

nuttin :cry:
Image -Jim
schuttie2002
Supporting Member

Post by schuttie2002 »

I found a really sweet scuba knife. I looked it up online and it valued at like 100 so i sold it on ebay for 85!! I was pumped, it was like another 100 off the price of the car
93 GS-DE,mx6 tranny, obx 2nd gen headers, highflow cat n 2.25" catback, 65mm tb,CAI, mazdaspeed mounts, SPEC Stage I clutch kit, new K8 flywheel, SRD C.A.B., Intrax, S.T. braces
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/698108
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

A friend of mine bought a Honda Civic Type-R, and while he was probing arround he found a few neatly placed Yen under the carpet under the drivers seat . Ha I live in England, what the hell are Yen doing in his car. His car is an RHD import, he later finds out sometimes when the cars are being made in Japan the workers put coins in the cars for good luck. He put them back, just to be safe.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

where in the dash did u find them pot? this w0orried me because I dont kno my mx3's history and i like going to mexico alot..it would suck to be accused of passing drugs illegally across the border.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
hoffman_BMX89

Post by hoffman_BMX89 »

wow thats crazy what did you do with the pot all i have found in my mx was change under the back seat
95 Mx-3 GS [R.I.P.]
96 Mx-3 GSR [Sold]
97 Mitsubishi eclipse spyder [For Sale]
97 Saturn SL2 [Sold]
03 Corvette Z06 [Current toy]
98 Saturn SL2 [Daily]
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2176731" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I once found a rubber chicken in a car I bought (fix&sell deal) I still think that was a weird find. :shock:

Tunes67
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

hgallegos915 wrote:where in the dash did u find them pot? this w0orried me because I dont kno my mx3's history and i like going to mexico alot..it would suck to be accused of passing drugs illegally across the border.
look under the trim around the radio area and under the center console.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

Had a weird smell in my car when I got it. :?
]
Turned out to be a half eaten McDonalds cheesburger! :x (it was under the rear seat?!?!?! don't know how something like that would be under there)
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Typhoonk wrote:Had a weird smell in my car when I got it. :?
]
Turned out to be a half eaten McDonalds cheesburger! :x (it was under the rear seat?!?!?! don't know how something like that would be under there)
Hmm there apears to be a pattern here.. My mc donalds burger was located only inches away in the spare tire well. :shock: :lol:
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Chronicle-Rod

Post by Chronicle-Rod »

It was in the center console, just behind (firewall side) of the shifter.

The thing that gets me is that it was screwed on. Who hides something like that...especially when they then forget about it?

I tossed it - don't need the trouble :D

Return to “Appearance”