Buying A 93 GS

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Blotto

Buying A 93 GS

Post by Blotto »

Well, tomorrow I am going to look at a 93' Mazda MX-3 GS. It is a 6cyl. 5-speed. The motor just blew in my other car a Sunfire for the 2nd time and I just had the motor out a month ago to replace the transmission.

This will be my 4th car but first one that I have actually bought. It has 120,000mi but figured that isn't bad for a 93. Dealer is asking $2,800 for it. Going to check it out and praying that it is in decent condition. I have been reading over some problem areas with the car so I know what to ask/look for.

My first car was a 88 Mazda RX-7 so I'm kinda partial to Mazda's and hope this one works out seems to be a great community. I love driving something that you don't see everyday also.

It is located in Pittsburgh, PA so I'm hopeing that it was garage kept and not totally rusted out underneath. Seems like it will be a reliable car to get me to work and be fun to do some mods with.

Well, it's 2am and have to get up early to go check this thing out. Wish me luck and if I get it I'll whip out my camera and get some pictures for you! After I put about a 100mi on it that is!
Blotto

Post by Blotto »

Well, I went and checked out the car and ended up getting it. I will get some pictures up once it quits raining. It is actually in excellent shape for being 12yrs old. I put almost 200mi on it today and absolutely love it ^^
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Sweet. Now start saving for a klze!
Blotto

Post by Blotto »

Still not able to get any pictures up! The weather is crazy went from not raining at all to a crazy downpour, then started hailing, finished off by a very small flurry of snow!

I just want to wash and wax this thing so I can see it shine!

So far though in the past 2 days have put about 300mi on it and absolutely love it! Was looking around and is rather affordable to do some mods to it. Looking to do the basic intake and exhaust first then a body kit and paintjob. Then will have to start saving to put a 2.5 in it when the motor goes.

Everything actually seems so reasonable that I think I'm going to look forward to owning this car. Think I'm going to quit smoking though to save up a bit more cash to put into the car.

I can realistically save $200-300 a month if I don't do much of anything and quit eating out. I figure it will take some time to save up but will be well worth it. This is an awesome car! Glad to now own part of a dieing breed!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”