New mx3 owner.

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
ExperimentX

New mx3 owner.

Post by ExperimentX »

Hey guys, just got my mx3 a couple of weeks ago and am contemplating the things I want to get done to it. I don't want to go all retarded on it just yet... So what would be some basic things I should get as this thing is bone stock.

I definitely want a short shifter, so that will be the beginning. Could anyone recommend a decently priced intake and a muffler that sounds good with the V6? Also, what would be the ideal pipe-size to use for the exhaust?

Thanks.
EX.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Welcome to the BB. Until you've got buch of posts accumulated you will probably get the text book answer to usual routine new member questions. READ, READ, READ, utilize the search function and I believe you'll find a majority if not all of your answers as a new member. There is also the FAQ's which are very informative. Happy reading and welcome to the BB.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
ExperimentX

Post by ExperimentX »

Thanks for the info, I just haven't had a chance to fully explore the site, will do so now though, and since my questions were rather specific I figured this would be the best place to ask.
sweetmx3

Post by sweetmx3 »

what year is the ride and model gs or rs adn colour and what r your interests in doing to the ride but like John said use the faq sections and search button there is alot to be found, and welcome aboard greatest bunch of peeps here my name is Lou.
sidebergless

Post by sidebergless »

Welcome buddy and unlike others Il give you some straight up answeres to your inquire.
Pacesetter makes a great short shifter for our cars. $110 is steep but cheeper than B&M. see if you cant pick one up used and buy some new bushing while your at it. Set the shifter to its shortest setting. trust me it's short.
As for exhast anything that you cant see directly through will sound great on your car. IE Flowmaster, however it doesnt look as cool as the stainless set ups.
Cold air intake, now they dont make one that bolts directly up. so you have a couple choices in this field. the easiest on is from a 93 Integra. I believe that one requires very little mod ing to fit. or if its cheep you want grab one from a 92 Civic and turn it around and chop about 4-5 inches of it. Thie is the one I used.

Hope this helps.
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

hey one quick intake you can do at least for now is just put on a k&n or ractive cone style filter thay just bolt on no work requried and hell if your around the falls area i have a extra filter you can have for free i don't need it my buddy gave it to me off his civic when he killed it (poor guy as much as i don't like civics i hate to see any car die) but ya i a cheap bastard and i'm making my cold air intake and already have a filter so if you want it message me if not i don't care. but welcome to the club and i hope your car treats you right
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
ExperimentX

Post by ExperimentX »

Thanks for all the info guys, much appreciated.

I was just trolling around all the parts sites I could find and found a B&M style short shifter for $50+$15 shipping from some dude in Montreal, so I'm gonna order that most likely. As for the exhaust... well, stainless steel finish would've been ideal, but I'm gonna see what I can get my hands on, the main problem right now lack of cash... flippin work screwing up my paycheques. But yah, thanks again for all the input guys, its been really helpful.
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

Also, depending on how far away you are, everyone is encouraged to come out to the weekly meets on Wednesdays in Woodbridge (Tim Hortons on Weston/7) if at all possible. it really doesn't matter if the car is still stock or totally tricked, its a place were you can get ideas and advice and see what works well on others before starting projects that may fail. its also good to get out from behind the comp and go talk about cars while actually being w/ them.
ExperimentX

Post by ExperimentX »

Ok, since I left my old job, I shall now be able to come out Wednesday nights, and that Tim's location is just fine for me, I'm usually at my friend's dealership up there anyway.

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”