Beeping sound

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Beeping sound

Post by mitmaks »

Driving on my way to work all of sudden this beeping started, like when you start car but it wasnt going away. My marker lights were on, so I turned them off and it went away. Now coming back from work I started car and it started again, the beeping. Whats wrong with that, Im thinking it might be ECU warning about something???
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I bet its your auto seat belt sensor thing going nuts.. Do a search (not sure what to call it.. ) Gro Harlem Did a write up on how to bypass the sensor.. assuming you do have the automatic seat belts.

Tunes67
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Nevermind the search.. I found the link :D

http://www.projectmazda.com/howto/seatbeltlight/

Tunes67
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

I think its on the main section of this site too.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

But why stop with the markers? Lights on, car off, door open - should beep too! Doesn't add up - when the seatbelt warning beeps, is there a light that should flash too (we don't have that feature)?
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

so I guess local mazda dealer should fix for me for free under recall?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Anyone knows recall number and knows if I should qualify for repair, I know that they should repair my stuck auto belts but not sure about buzzer
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

http://www.mx-3.com/recalls/

under 'automatic seatbelts'
and you just have to call your local dealer and they should be able to find out for you whether it qualifies for a repair or not
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

If the local dealer says "No" try sending a e-mail to Mazda Corporate.. I am still checking to see if there are any recalls pending on my car.. but the dealer was quick to say there wasnt.. without even looking. Dealerships lose money on recalls.. so if they can avoid them they will.

Tunes67
dave1970p

Post by dave1970p »

just had my seat belts done drive and pass sides. the only thing thats covered is the motor that takes the seat belt back and forth. the switch was the other part that was coverd under recall but it was only good for 12yrs. is what they told me. so if it is your seat belt sensor is coming on its coming from in the center console behind the emergency brake handle and that isnt coverd. cause i get mine back and its doing it but if you play with the belt itself you can make it come on and off, the buzzing. so i just stuck a safety pin threw the belt so that it wouldnt go in far enough to make it buzz. seems to work perfect.
dave1970p

Post by dave1970p »

actually in my opinion there is no sensor or switch where you actually click the belt in. i think that the sensor or switch is in the retracted part of the belt. where it would go if it wasnt clicked in. so what i think is making it go off the buzzing sound is because you have the seat adjusted to far back which is making the sensor or switch think its not clicked in. now that just an uneducated guess so dont quote me on that.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”