KL31 ECU

A place for the MX-3 Community in Europe to gather.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Thanks Pedro, not necessary. mmac did me a huge favour and contacted Nippon Spares, querying my situation. Apparently it was sent, we believe by some courier service around the 6th or 7th Feb and then returned back to the UK about 3 weeks later. Why this happened, I have no idea. I would have thought that we are all a little more technologically advanced in being able to send a simple small parcel across the ocean (wrong thinkin'). Anyway, I'm hoping that the 01 Mar email from them is in fact the parcel being sent the second time around via Royal Mail. If that's the case than were at the 2 week mark, so I guess any more than a week from now and I'll consider this a failed attempt and research some other avenues. Btw, I contacted revenue/customs Canada just to get the skinny on the overseas part shipping process. A very helpfull individual there recommended the mail service in Canada, UK and the US, simply because of the customs/duty process. Courier services may be much quicker, but unless you have your own business or retained broker it may end up costing more because the courier service will handle the brokering but at a substantially higher rate than the postal service. Canadian post brokerage fee is a flat rate $5.00cdn whereas a brokerage firm can charge up to as much as $40.00cdn for the same item. I've rambled on again....we'll see what developes if anything within the next week.

mmac, again, many many thanks M8, it's appreciated,

John
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Still nadda :(
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

This has gone way past the stage of funny, now. This one's got me baffled. I have no idea where that thing has ended up. No tracking system, no updates or contact from venders, delivery agencies, customs or brokers. Don't know if I want to try importing something across pond in the future.
Do any of my Euro friends have similar issues when having parts sent from Canada or US to Europe? Is this normal?
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

I know, I know, I know, you are all just chomping at the bit waiting to see the outcome to all of this...LOL. Finally spoke to a real voice at Nippon Spares this morning, (Imran) who by the way sounded extremely busy and really didn't seem to care that I was calling long distance or really wanted to spend any time explaining anything to me - understandable but still very disappointing. Any way, I got what I refer to as "the party line" from him saying that he'll be sending it out TODAY on recorded delivery. Not very encouraging to hear since those were his exact words in an email on the 10 Mar 05. Well, they've been paid 2 months ago for a part that's never arrived and it appears that customer satisfaction or even service for that matter is of a low priority. Don't know why I'm going to ask this next question, but if there is someone out there that has a line on a KL31 ECU, it would be much appreciated. I'm affraid that this excursion will have to be a write-off. I'm not sure how a company that operates like that can stay in business, perhaps they depend heavily upon counter sales. At any rate, any help or direction towards acquiring a KL31 ECU would be nice. Cheers,

John
Sunjoy2

Post by Sunjoy2 »

I purchased from Nippon Spares in Nov 04 and it only took about 2 weeks for delivery ( Am based in Ireland ) , Had no problem with them at all , They did charge me a lot more then you were qouted , I paid £117 or 280CDN excluding shipping for a KL36 .
tocixxx

Post by tocixxx »

jschrauwen wrote:This has gone way past the stage of funny, now. This one's got me baffled. I have no idea where that thing has ended up. No tracking system, no updates or contact from venders, delivery agencies, customs or brokers. Don't know if I want to try importing something across pond in the future.
Do any of my Euro friends have similar issues when having parts sent from Canada or US to Europe? Is this normal?
Yes, importing is always a pain in the a** !!
I can tell you stories you wouldn' t belive !
92 GS-R, RX-8 Lightning Yellow, Complete Aresspeed Bodykit
http://www.cardomain.com/id/tocixxx
Mazda Speed & Style Club Austria http://www.mazdaclub.at
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

Hey, Im sorry your having such a crapy time trying to get something from England. Its really embarassing on the rest of us Brits. Ive spoken to a few people and they have all said, that company was quite good. They must be pants at delivering over the pond. If you still have problems with this tell them they can deliver to my home in the UK, and I will forward it to you.

I know how you must be feeling right now as I had a similar problem with international purchases. I ordered some alloys from a company in Miami. They quoted me a price, plus shipping to my home address, then after they didnt turn up I mail them again and they tell me shipping price has changed, and they want more money from me.
Then when the alloys finally get to the UK I find out they are waiting in what I thought was customs @ manchester airport. Where I have to pick them up. Then I find out they have been there for a week sitting in a shitty wherehouse, each day with a £20 charge for use of their facility. This wharehouse turns out to be an independant company that picks up deliveries that have no shipping from the airports, to the intended address. Hmm the company never paid for shipping to my house. I then get landed with a fat bill from that company which only held the alloys in a friggin wherehouse.
Its put me off international orders big time and im very reluctant to do it again.

Any way Ive vented a little now and its off my chest. If you have any problems mail me and ill see if I can help.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Thanks for the offer, that's very kind. Well it finally did arrive, almost 2 month's after it was paid for. Maybe because it was such a small box, I'm really not sure. The inner voice tells me that they just plain screwed up and forgot. And when they got onto it something in the shipping process got messed up again and they had to wait for it to be returned back to the UK and then I had to prod them to reship it. Perhaps just a string of unfortunate flub-ups.
Ya I can appreciate the overseas perdicament for you. We get the similar sort of things happening with stuff from the States also. Sometimes the shipping is so unrealistic since I only live 100km from the US border and on most occasions, it's actually shorter distance wise to me than it is to other destinations in the US and yet I sometimes pay double to tripple for shipping. Free trade between US, Canada and Mexico is a myth.
I did find that having a designated broker ahead of time expedites the process much quicker. Although for my purposes, If I'm not in a hurry for a particular item I'll request it come via regular post since the brokerage fee at Canada Post is $5.00cdn, no matter the value or size.
Thanks again Mike for your concern. I may still try to source a J-Spec/E-Spec OEM front eurothane bumper. Cheers,
John
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

cheese guy!! I guess i muct have been really lucky with overseas delievery. I bought my bodykit from a company in canada, and it got here in uder 2 weeks as they said! When it did get here, uk customs phoned me up and it was deleivered the next day!!

It was the same story with my rear lights too.

Sorry to hear about your bad experiences. That wold really piss me off!!!

Return to “European MX-3 Community”