engine management

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
khrys771

engine management

Post by khrys771 »

ok i dont own a mx-3. but i do own a 323 GT. its the FWD turbo version.

what i wanted to know is, has any one on here swapped a B6t in a dohc mx-3, and kept the stock mx-3 ecu, sensors, and harness?

being that these motors are the nearly same. i dont see why you couldn't use all mx-3 sensors, harness, and ecu. in the process getting rid of the flapper system on the b6t.

i have seen pic of what i believe is the mx-3's dohc head, does the dist run off the exhaust cam?
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Yes, the distributor runs off the end of the exaust cam on the DOHC. At least mine does ;)

Tunes67
khrys771

Post by khrys771 »

ok. so the only thing to do would be to swap the heads.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Dunno about that.. you would have to inspect the head and the block to make sure all oil and coolant passages are exactly the same and in the same location. Not to mention the head bolts. I havent made such a comparison so I cant say if the heads are swappable or not. There could also be differences in piston design as well.. maybe the turbo pistons are a cupped piston to have a lower compression ratio than stock B6 pistons. There could even be differences in the head part of the combustion chamber.. there are a ton of variables here that would need to be completely researched out. Though it is possible that all of that information is here on this site either in threads or in the FAQ section. Happy Hunting.

Tunes67

Return to “Forced Induction”