Your Awesome Euro Glass Headlamp Lenses

A place for the MX-3 Community in Europe to gather.
freyguy_412

Your Awesome Euro Glass Headlamp Lenses

Post by freyguy_412 »

Hey, I'm from the US, and I was wondering if any of you guys from Europe could help me out. I'm trying to get ahold of the headlamp assemblys for the Euro Spec models, with the awesome glass lenses. I've searched extensively but no luck. Are there any companies that sell OEM parts for your cars online?

(ps- sorry for the double post, but no one in the Appearance forum was able to help.)
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

The Australian ones had glass as well but now Mazda only sell plastic ones - why is a mystery. I've priced them over here and they're about AU$300 each from the wreckers so it isn't much of an option. The wreckers have us by the short and curlies cause there isn't many of these cars about.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
mx almere

Post by mx almere »

They are not that hard to get over here... but the price is all but funny.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I think most US mx-3 owners are wanting these..
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

If you want these your best bet is asking the breakers yards on-line they will search the yards for you and give you a price.

Do a search on MSN.co.uk and then submit what you want to the different sites.

I would go round to breakers for people but I have very little time spare and when I do get time to myself they are all shut.

If I can be of any help just ask.
freyguy_412

Post by freyguy_412 »

Damn! Why must everything for our vehicles be so difficult and frusturating?! That's it- I'M BUYING A F*CKING CIVIC!!!!! RICE RICE BABY!!!!

(ps- I apologize for the emoitional outburst... my MX-3 isn't going anywhere.)
It might be slow, but it's not a civic!
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I know how you feel Freyguy.. these glass headlights were one of the first things I looked for when I joined this site.. but one post showing the prices pretty much put a end to that dream.. I wonder what it would cost to get them custom done by a glass blower..

Tunes67
Pedro_mx3
Supporting Member

Post by Pedro_mx3 »

best thing to do is go to http://www.breakerlink.com and do a search, ull get responses from breakers yards within 24hours an then u can get an idea of what money ur lookin at.

Then one of us guys can probably sort the shipping out for you
I'm not worried about the bullet with my name on, Im worried about the one that says 'To Whom it may Concern'....

Make a Donation, Keep Mx3.com Alive!!

1991 V6 K8 -- My baby, i miss her... On her way to car heaven... <3
DamoV6UK
Location: The little known village of Mortimer near Reading in sunshine drenched England

Post by DamoV6UK »

i was looking for some a few weeks ago and was being quoted £50-60 each whatever that converts to over there...
MX3 V6 - Modified to include lots of bits such as a Poppy Coral air freshener...
If you see a red MX shattering the tranquility of the Berkshire countryside... Give us a wave!!
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

hey do you guys know what the part number for those headlights are if you got them from the dealar........and are the e-spec ones H4.......cause if i had a part number my local dealer would be able to get me some

Return to “European MX-3 Community”