Terrible axel vibration!!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
wheelmanmx3

Terrible axel vibration!!!!

Post by wheelmanmx3 »

Well I described it before, my half shaft on the passenger side did not match perfectly to the 3 studs on the block of the ZE, it was off by like 1 centimeter. I finally got it in and now while driving there is very bad vibration when i am turnnig to the left only when my foot is on the gas. Turning to the other side is smooth. I need to know how much trouble did any body have trying to get that to match up. i need to know if anybody else had any vibration problems. I need to know, because i might have to get an axel made. I am also leaking powersteering fluid and I can't figure out why. If any body has any suggestions I would be greatful.
Thanks my mx3 bretheryn
Its not about how fast it goes, but about how well you drive it when it goes fast.
"Wheelman"
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

The vibration could be caused by several things, but first did you get new axles when you did the swap? Did you replace the bearing in the half shaft? It should line up perfectly, but the half shaft bearing can moved and it will throw off the alignment (making the half shaft longer or shorter and making aligning the bolts difficult). This may be your probelm. Try replacing the half shaft bearing first and then see what happens. I bet it goes away.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Robotaz

Post by Robotaz »

I'm curious about this bearing that you're speaking of. When you say half shaft, does that mean joint shaft? Seems like you're speaking of a bearing for the joint shaft, but maybe this car has different names. How big of a deal is it to change that bearing?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”